Two. Catching Up

I walked down the busy hallway staring at the schedule I had gotten in the mail two weeks ago. I was attempting to find my homeroom, and it had been proving to be difficult given the jumble of students surrounding me. It also didn't help that my focus wasn't completely on my task. My mind kept wandering to something else. Specifically, Deep voice.

I was still kind of pissed off that he had been so rude to me; and by kind of pissed off, I meant really pissed off.

As if it was my fault he bumped into me. He actually had the nerve to act like I was fully to blame when I wasn't. It was more of a partial blame, that he happened to share; and let me not even get into him acting so ungentlemanly.

Deep voice didn't even offer to help me up, or see if I was okay. I could have broken my arm or my leg or something; and then he had the gull to check me out without even having the decency to be discreet about it.

I mean, it was completely flattering, but that was not the point.

After a few more minutes of searching and silently seething I finally found my homeroom. I walked through the door, and before I could even take in my surroundings, I was attacked.

"Oof!" I groaned as four pairs of arms nearly squeezed me to death.

"Oh my god, Dem!"

"We missed you so much!"

"How've you been!?"

"How was your summer?"

"Did you miss us?"

I managed to get out three strained words. "I. Can't. Breathe."

"Ooh! Sorry," one pair of arms immediately withdrew while the other stayed exactly where they were.

"Mac, get off of her."

"No," one out of two of my best friends said firmly, tightening her hold.

I let out a breathy giggle and squirmed in MacKenzie's iron grip. For someone so tiny she was pretty damn strong. "Kenzie, you're killing me."

"At least you'll die in my arms," Kenzie said seriously.

"Mac, if you don't," the beautiful chocolate brown skinned girl pried the brunette off of me.

I took a deep breath and smiled appreciatively. "Thank you, Majesty."

Kenzie crossed her arms across her chest. "Is it a crime that I missed my best friend?" She demanded, glaring at me.

Maybe, just maybe, I'd take the death glare a little more seriously if she hadn't been squealing how much she missed me ten seconds ago.

"No, but it is a crime to squeeze me to death," I rubbed my ribcage even though it really didn't hurt that much.

"You're fine, aren't you?"

I rolled my eyes, and then took in the sight of my two best friends seven years: Majesty Dillion and MacKenzie Winchester.

I squealed before pulling them back into a group hug. "Ugh, I missed you guys!"

"We missed you too," Majesty said, squeezing me a little before dropping her arms. She smiled at me, her pearly white teeth showing, and her almond brown eyes shining. "How've you been, babe?"

"I've been good," I nodded, managing to pull myself away from Kenzie and her iron clad hold. "Bored out of my mind without you guys, but I somehow survived," I sighed.

"Oh, don't be overdramatic," Kenzie waved a hand, walking over to a couple desks at the back of the room in the left corner where her and Majesty's bags were.