Eleven. The Aftermath

woke up stiff and to the sound of annoying beeps which wasn't a good combination.

I opened my eyes slowly and squinted due to the harsh lights that almost blinded me. As soon as they adjusted to the light, I glanced around to see I was in a white room that looked incredibly like one you'd see in a hospital.

I groaned softly, feeling a dull pounding at the back of my skull. I looked down and saw tubes tangled around my right arm while the other one was securely casted and in a sling. I felt pressure applied to the hand that wasn't all gauzed up.

I turned my head and met my matching green eyes.

"Hi, Deac," I smiled a little, my voice scratchy and hoarse. I cleared it.

"Demi," he breathed softly looking very relieved as well as stressed out and exhausted.

His usual neatly done hair was sticking up as if he had been running his hand through it constantly and there were bruises under his eyes indicating he hadn't slept in a good while.

"You look awful," I commented.

He rolled his eyes. "If I look awful, then you look like you just fought your way past the seven levels of Hell."

"Shut up," I murmured and shifted in my comfy bed. "Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital," he said carefully. He stared at me as if measuring my reaction.

"Why?" My eyebrows scrunched together. I looked around and confirmed that my first notion when I woke up was right, and I was indeed in a hospital. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"Ummm...," I trailed off thinking hard which only lead to the signs of an oncoming headache. I placed a hand on my head. "Give me a minute."

"Don't strain yourself," he said hastily. "You were in a car accident."

I mulled over his words for a moment, then flashes of the events that had occurred suddenly hit me with lightening speed. The deer, the swerving, the car flipping, my arm breaking, a lot of blood, Aidan...

Aidan.

"Where's Aidan?" I immediately asked.

"Really? You wake up after a traumatic car accident and that's the first thing you ask?" Deacon demanded.

"Where is Aidan?" I asked again slowly.

Deacon snorted and sat back. "Your boyfriend is currently in the waiting room with all your other admirers."

"He's here?" I asked surprised, ignoring the boyfriend comment completely.

"He's been here for the past four days," Deacon snorted again. "I'm pretty sure he would have slept here, but he seemed to have something else to do at night. Whatever that thing was didn't stop him from coming back and staying throughout most of the day though."

"Are you serious?" I asked, chewing on my thumbnail hardly daring to believe it. "Like, for real?"

"Mhmm. I also heard it took a lot for him to be torn away from you when you got to the hospital. Something about not letting you go?" Deacon rolled his eyes. "What is this? Titanic?"

My heart warmed as I recalled taking Aidan's hand, seeking comfort, and making him vow not to let go. It sounded like he really tried to keep that promise, and the thought alone was enough to send weird tingles throughout my entire body.

"Wipe that stupid smile off your face," Deacon snapped.

I giggled feeling extremely giddy all of a sudden. "Deacon, can you relax? I'm just happy to be alive."