Twelve. Another Heroic Action

The song attached is a cover by Natalie Pappalardo of All You Had To Do Was Stay by Taylor Swift.

This is literally Chase & Demi's anthem in my opinion because she was all for him, and he emotionally left her when he slept with someone else.

I like this version more than the original for them in particular bc Taylor's version is a little too happy and upbeat. It doesn't really coincide with the heartbreak Demi's feeling, so yeah.

Anyway, on to the chapter :)

-Jess

~~~~~~~~

"Get out," I commanded, pointing to the door.

"Oh, come on, Dem," Chase gave me a look. "Don't be like that."

"Don't tell me what to be like," I snapped. "You aren't the boss of me. I'll be however I want to be. Out!"

Chase ignored me and walked up to my bed. "How're you feeling?"

"Irritated," I looked at Kenzie and then Majesty. "Why is he here? Why am I just finding out he's here?"

"We were just about to tell you," Majesty defended.

"If it makes you feel any better your brother tried beating me up," Chase said with a slight scowl. "Multiple times. Lucky for me, your parents were there."

"And how not so lucky for me," I muttered not so quietly. I glared at Kenzie and Majesty. "Did you tell him I was here?"

"We would never do that," Majesty said, looking offended. "Your accident is all over town."

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief.

Kenzie nodded. "You're like famous," she said excitedly.

I gave her an annoyed look, and she composed herself quickly.

"I mean it sucks why you're famous," she backpedalled. "Like, really sucks."

"Maj? Kenz? You mind leaving Demi and I alone for a bit?" Chase cut in, flashing them a dazzling smile.

My eyes widened. I looked at my friends desperately urging them silently to stay with me with wide, pleading eyes.

"I don't know do you mind jumping off a cliff?" Kenzie raised her eyebrows.

Majesty snorted, her hands flying to her mouth. I giggled.

Chase's eyes narrowed before he pulled money out of his pocket. "I'll give twenty dollars."

"Okay," she agreed instantly, standing up and snatching the money.

"MacKenzie!" I exclaimed.

She looked over at me and then back at Chase. "I mean....did you really think I would choose money over my best friend?"

He pulled out another twenty. "How about forty?"

Kenzie paused. "Fifty."

My jaw dropped.

"Forty five."

"Sixty."

"Forty eight."

"Seventy."

"MacKenzie," he growled.

"Eighty nine."

"Sixty five is the highest I'll go."