Thirty Two. He Isn't Chuck and She Isn't Blair

A/N: The song in the mediabox is Fix a Heart by Demi Lovato. It's such a beautiful song, don't you think?

~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't want to," I whispered, shaking my head.

My palms were slick with sweat, and I felt like I was about to puke my guts out.

"Come on, Demi," Kenzie gave me a hard look from across the table. "Stop being a baby."

"I'm not being a baby," I snapped. "Why do I have to talk to him?"

Majesty giggled next to me and shook her head. "Because you like him?"

"That doesn't mean I have to talk to him," I argued, glancing across the classroom at Matt Reynolds, the cutest guy in our sixth grade class.

"Do you want to be one of those girls that watches their crush from the sidelines and never does anything about it?" Kenzie asked, raising her eyebrows.

I scoffed. "That's rich coming from the person who can't even say two words in front of my brother without struggling for air like a fish out of water."

Kenzie rolled her eyes, blushing hard. "I'm working on it."

"Demi, just go say hi," Majesty grabbed my hand. "What's the worst that can happen?"

"He can decide he hates me," I shuddered at the thought. "Which would be awful."

"Nobody hates you," she hit my arm lightly. "You know that."

"There's a first time for everything," I glanced down at the math sheet we were suppose to working on. "You know, I didn't tell you guys I thought Matt was cute so you could force me to say something to him."

"What are best friends for?" Kenzie teased.

I sighed and twirled my pencil in my fingers, debating on whether or not I should listen to my friends.

"I think you should do it," Majesty nodded. "He could be your first boyfriend."

"Deacon said I can't have a boyfriend until I'm thirty six and a half," I told her.

"You can have a boyfriend in twenty four and a half years?" Kenzie shook her head. "That's like five decades."

"It's only two, genius," Majesty rolled her eyes.

"That was an expression," she snapped.

"What you don't tell Deacon can't hurt him," Majesty flashed me a devious smile. "And anyway he's had six girlfriends this month. That's completely hypocritical of him."

"Don't remind me," Kenzie sighed, looking depressed at the thought of my brother and his many girlfriends.

"Okay," I dropped my pencil. "I'm going to do it."

Kenzie squealed and clapped her hands. "Yay!"

"What should I say?"

"Hi?" She giggled.

"You could give him a BJ."

Kenzie and I looked at Majesty in confusion.

"What's a BJ?" I asked curiously.

Majesty shrugged. "I don't know. I heard my sister talking about on the phone last night. Apparently, guys like it."

"Well how am I suppose I do it if I don't know what it is?" I demanded.