Twenty Six. Touchdown

I bent forward and swept my hair up in my hands and tied it up with a hair tie. I straightened up and stared in the mirror, frowning at how messy my hair looked.

I groaned in frustration and pulled my hair out of the ponytail. Doing anything that involved putting my hair in any style that wasn't down had proven to be a difficult task the past few weeks thanks to the cast encasing my arm and a good portion of my hand.

I couldn't wait for my doctor's appointment the next day. It was going onto five weeks of me having the constricting plaster on, and my doctor said it might be time to saw it off.

I ran my brush through my slightly wavy hair and pulled open the top draw of my dresser. I smiled happily at the sight of the gray beanie I stole from Aidan and pulled it on.

I shrugged on my black Northface over my royal blue and sliver school shirt and tugged on my brown uggs. I grabbed my phone off the charger before walking out of my room and skipping down the steps.

"Dad," I chirped, entering the living room. "I'm jus about ready to leave. You sure you're not coming to this game?"

My dad looked up from his laptop and gave me a regretful look. "Trust me, going to the football game sounds much more appealing than work, but I've got to get this stuff done. Wish Deac luck from me and your mother though."

I nodded. I knew Deacon would be disappointed Mom was working overtime at the hospital and Dad had work up to his neck he had to catch up on on this particular night, but I also knew he would get over it fairly quickly.

A loud car horn blared from outside, and I immediately started for the door.

"That's my ride. See you later."

"Behave yourself, Demi," Dad said, giving me a look. "No hooking up behind the bleachers."

I blushed, absolutely mortified, and glared at him. "Dad."

"What? I know how teenagers are," he shrugged. "I was one."

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure no one hooks up behind bleachers anymore," I rolled my eyes. "Things have changed since the BC times, in case you weren't aware."

"Get out of my house, you brat," he pointed to the door.

I smiled and blew him a kiss. "Love you, Dad!"

I walked out giggling as I shut the door behind me. My dad and I might not always see eye to eye on everything, which was an extreme understatement, but I really did love our banter.

I climbed into the back of Kenzie's red Chevrolet and shut the door. "Hi, ladies."

"Hi, beautiful," Majesty said from the passenger seat who using her camera to examine her smooth face. She glanced over at me and smiled. "Cute hat."

I giggled a little. "Thanks."

"Hello, Demetria," Kenzie greeted, earning a nasty look from me.

"Why must you call me that?"

"Because I know it pisses you off," she smirked, backing out of my driveway.

I buckled up my seat belt and pulled out my phone. I opened my messages and tapped on one of the most recent names I had texted today.

Demi: are you coming to the game?

"Our school better win tonight," Majesty said, sitting back in her seat. "I put money down on this match."