Sixteen. Twenty Interrogations

"I'm offended," I stated.

"If I ignore are you still going to explain?" Aidan asked, his eyes glued on Briella who was skipping ahead of us on the sidewalk.

"Yes, I will," I nodded.

He groaned, and I ignored him.

"When your sister asked if I was your girlfriend you looked disgusted. As if it would be so bad to date me," I frowned. "Can I ask why?"

Aidan rolled his eyes. "I did not look disgusted. I was taken off guard, first of all. Second of all, I'm sure you'd be alright to date."

"Oh, thank you," I nodded, my voice leaked with sarcasm. "Because that's what every girl wants to hear. That they would be alright to date. No, really, thanks for that."

He cracked a small smile. "You still up for twenty interrogations?"

I brightened up at the name of our new game. "You still want to play?"

"Sure. It's a far enough walk- Briella," he suddenly snapped. "Stay in the middle of the sidewalk, or I'm going to hold your hand."

Briella quickly retreated from the curb and gave Aidan an innocent smile.

"I'm sorry, Aidan," she said sweetly before continuing her skipping and jumping over cracks.

He sighed and shook his head before glancing at me. "Ladies first."

"Okay," I pursed my lips, thinking. "What's your love life like?"

His eyebrows rose. "My love life?"

"Yeah, you know...your love life," I gave him a look. "You can't tell me you haven't left a trail of broken hearts in your wake," I said half jokingly half not.

"What makes you think I've broken any hearts?"

"Well, I mean it's pretty obvious," I waved a hand. "Look at you."

Aidan glanced down at himself, obviously confused. I rolled my eyes.

"You're hot," I said rather bluntly and wished the moment the words left my mouth I could reel them back in.

They didn't exactly come out the way I intended them to. In fact, they came out worse. Much worse.

Mortification overtook me to the point where I wanted to jump in a very deep ditch and stay there for the rest of my life.

Aidan smirked at me causing my cheeks to become red. "Demetria, are you hitting on me?"

"First of all, don't call me that," I snapped, irritated and still very much embarrassed. "Second of all, I am not hitting you. I'm just stating a fact," I gave him a look. "Kind of like when you called me hot."

"Right, but I was actually hitting on you," his eyebrows raised.

If my face wasn't as red as a tomato before, it sure was now.

"Red is your color," he said, studying my face. He was clearly trying hard not to laugh. "You blush a lot, you know that?"

"You deflect my questions a lot," I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest. "You know that?"

"I've never been interested in dating," Aidan answered simply, looking over at Briella. His playful smile faded a fraction.

"Are you trying to tell me that you've never had a girlfriend before?" I asked in disbelief. "Like ever?"

"Like ever," he repeated, sounding faintly amused.

"So," I pursed my lips. "You've never been with anybody? At all? For real?"