18

Note to all readers:'--' - means a new POV'ʕಠ_ಠʔ' - means the continuation of the POV but in a different scene or a fast-forward scene

[Note: Please don't forget to drop down a comment or as well as like the chapter <3]~

--

October 16

Fall tournament had started and today is round three of the tournament. Our school will be facing Ichidai Third High and they're currently warming up in their dugout.

I felt so lonely sitting on the bleachers as I watched my fellow players on the field. The fall tournament is one of two tournaments where all matches were held on weekends and so Erika-chan came together with me to watch the match.

She's wearing a very expensive look that earned her a look from her fellow spectators. Napatingin ako sa damit na sinuot ko and I feel so embarrassed na magkatabi kami ng upo.

I glance at her from the corner of my eyes, "What's with the expensive outfit, Erika-chan?" I asked.

She glanced up at me, an innocent look spreading on her face, "Eh, I-It's just... m-my father f-forced me to wear this."

My eyes rounded in shock, "What? Your father forced you to wear that? You should've declined, Erika-chan!" I protested.

"E-Eto.. It's fine, Kat-chan. I-I also like to w-wear this kind of clothing a-and I'm also rich, so.." Nauutal na salita niya, twirling the ends of her coffee hair while looking down.

"Oh, alright. If you say so." Sabi ko. I return my attention on the field when the commentator started announcing.

"Welcome! To the Fall Tokyo Metropolitan Tournament third round!!!"

"Wooooooooo!!!"

"Playing today will be Seidou High School versus Ichidai Third High! Both teams line up!"

"HRAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

The two teams shouted as they run to line up. They bow down at each other and both yelled, "YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU!!!" before they went back to their dugouts.

"Woah! What a loud yell from them. I could literally hear it from here." Erika-chan commented with a smile on her face.

"Hihi, yup! Those loud yells from the players are sign of their determination to win the match." Komento ko na may ngiti din sa aking labi.

"Is that so?" Tanong niya sa akin in which I nodded in response before I return my attention back to the match.

Top of the inning, Ichidai Third is playing defense while Seidou is playing offense. The first at-bat stepped out and is preparing his batting stance. C'mon Kuramochi, you can do it!

Ichidai's ace lifted up his arms and swings it down. Kuramochi swing's his bat and missed.

"Strike!"

Ichidai's ace pitched again and Kuramochi swings his bat and hits the ball, sending a grounder between second and third base. He immediately run towards first base and because of his fast legs, he reached the base safely.

"Safe!"

Ryo-san is next at-bat and he stood on the left batter's box. He prepared his batting stance as he waits for the pitch. Ichidai's ace raise his arms and swings it down. Ryo-san didn't swing thus earning a, "Strike!" from the umpire.

Ichidai's ace pitched again, Ryo-san swings his bat this time only to miss it. "Strike Two!" Ichidai's ace pitched again and Ryo-san finally made contact with the ball and sent a grounder past the in-fields.