❦ Chapter Four ❦

Headmistress Devona Domingo stood in front of the entrance of the Royal Charm Academy. 

She pushed back her auburn side-swept bang back behind her ear to blend in with her neat bun. Her light brown eyes looked around, waiting for her cue to walk up and begin to speak beside her husband. She pushed up rectangular black glasses that had slid down her nose.

Alexander stood proudly beside her wearing the biggest smile on his face, creating dimples on his cheeks. He laced his fingers in her hand and smiled softly before letting it go after she had squeezed it back 

Duchess Katherine Messing stood off to the side, her brown eyes sweeping the crowd. Her hand pushed some brown hair from her face as the gentle breeze blew. She glanced over to Alexander and Devona, inwardly rolling her eyes at how lovey-dovey they were.

Devona looked at her watch, she turned to her husband, giving him a nod and they both stepped up to the podium. They both waved at the crowd and to those watching on the TV like they did every year on this day for the past long years. 

Devona pushed up the microphone before she even said a word. "Hello Senoia and to the whole world watching - I'm Devona Domingo, headmistress here at the Royal Charm Academy." She introduced herself to new watchers who would know who she is.

Alexander stood beside his wife, smiling brightly as he introduced himself after she had finished. "And I'm Alexander Domingo, her husband, and headmaster of this wonderful academy for royals and nobles everywhere!" He greeted everyone with another wave.

Devona continued after her husband had finished. "At this elite academy, everyone who comes can blossom into their true selves and unlock their full potential to be who they meant to be as rulers, protectors, helpers to their respective kingdom."

Alexander nodded with a smile, glancing over at his wife. "Since this is the five-hundredth year anniversary of the academy, we will be having six scholarship winners: three girls and three boys. This is a special milestone for all of us here, so it would have been appropriate for us to do something special." 

Devona's eyes swept the crowd, everyone seemingly listening attentively despite this being common knowledge. "The scholarship winners will get to come for free while their families get compensation while they're away to take care of basic needs." 

Alexander pushed up his silver glasses and sneakily laced his fingers in with his wife's, smiling even brighter. "All royals and nobles that have turned seventeen, come from all over to put what they've learned back home to the test, own new skills, and create new alliances."

Devona nodded her head as she listened to his words. "It's a lot to undertake in a year, but we have no doubt that this year will not be any different from the past years. Once they have graduated, they never stop learning, practicing in the world is one of the best forms of teaching."

Alexander turned his gaze away from his wife and glanced around the courtyard. "Not everyone will pass, however, we will do our best to help those who are struggling. Everyone deserves to graduate at the end of the year to go back home and feel proud they accomplished something."

"We will set good examples for those around us. As royalty and nobility it is out duty to be role models." Devona smiled softly as she side-eyed Katherine discreetly.

Alexander glanced over at the duchess and then looked at his wife who had given him a nod. "Now without further ado, a word from our very own Duchess Katherine Messing." He introduced her, stepping off to the side with his wife, letting her be able to get up to the podium.

Katherine walked up to the podium a fake smile plastered on her face, playing her role in this whole thing. "Hello everyone, I am Duchess Katherine Messing, acting Regent of Senoia. I am proud to stand here before you. This year will be yet another year of learning for every royal and noble around."