❦ Chapter Six ❦

"That's you! That's you! That's you!" Missy exclaimed, standing up from the couch and jumping around feeling happy. "You're going to attend The Royal Charm Academy! I knew you would make it! I just knew it!"

Cody frowned, glancing over at Sidney, and raised an eyebrow. "There has to be a mistake. How did you win? You said you never entered." He slowly got off the couch to get the phone. 

Sidney groaned, running a hand through her hair and letting out an exasperated sigh. "I didn't enter. Molly did, and so did my boss," She paused as she began to pace back while chewing on her thumbnail. "This is so not happening, it can't happen, I can attend." She stopped and leaned against the wall taking deep breaths with her hand on her chest.

Missy frowned, tilting her head to the side. "Molly and your boss entered you also?" She asked, trying not to sound happy but it peeked through the tip of her tone.

"Yes, both my boss and Molly entered me three times a day for the whole year, can you believe that? Like it magnified my odds!" Sidney exclaimed, making various hand gestures. 

Missy messed with the green bow on her dress, rocking on the heels of her ankle boots. "Well, um, I kinda also entered you three times a day, every week, and every month, for the year!" She exclaimed proudly giving a cheeky smile at her sister placing her hands behind her back, humming softly at her actions.

Sidney's eyes widened at Missy's admission and her jaw went slack. "And my very own sister went behind my back and entered me in? It was bad enough that my friend and boss did that but my sister?" Her voice was laced with betrayal as she shook her head.

Missy sheepishly played with her fingers seeing how anxious her sister was. "Uh, yes," She answered in reply, watching Sidney pace back and forth in their small living room. 

"This is just unbelievable! Why me? Out of everyone who had to be picked, why did my name get drawn?" Sidney collapsed onto her knees and buried her face in her hands. "It's not fair."

Missy was taken aback by her sister's words but tapped on her head and looked at her. "Because I entered you three times a day, every week, every month for the whole year, duh!" She said in a sing-song voice but with a little bit of sass also was in her voice. 

Sidney moved her hands and looked straight at her sister. "Did you know that by doing that they could have drawn my name three times? Then I would not have been able to attend because someone would think it would have been rigged! Not to mention I am sure that is against the rules and who knows what will happen if someone finds out!" She rambles, chewing on her nails.

Cody shook his head watching the two banter back and forth. "All right, that is enough for you two. Missy, that wasn't right what you did. Just because Molly and her boss did it, doesn't make it right." He explained motioning with his index finger for her to sit on the couch beside her mother.

Missy hung her head down as she sat down on the couch, crossing her ankles together. "Yes, I do know it wasn't right. I didn't think about that when I did it. All I want is a better life for us, this might be the only chance ever -" She cut herself off and then sighed sadly, looking at her shoes. "I'm sorry, Sidney, I truly am." 

Sidney stood up and walked over to her sister, pulling her into a hug and stroking her hair. "I know Missy, I forgive you." She pushed her anger away and took a shaky breath. "I'm going to make the best of this situation and I'm going to go."