❦ Chapter Seven ❦

Sidney looked up at the massive, towering silver doors that had been engraved to look like shiny gemstones. As the door opened she slipped out of the car, chewing her lip out of nervousness. 

She fixed her duffle bag on her shoulder and firmly gripped the handle of her suitcase. Her heart pounded against her rib cage, feeling like it would just pop right out of her chest.

She began to walk up the gray stone steps to the front doors, every step made it seem like hours. She placed her hand firmly on the door and took a few deep breaths. 'Perhaps if I left no one would notice I was -' She cut her thoughts off and shook her head. 'No, Sidney, you can not chicken out like a baby.'

She pulled open the doors and slipped inside hoping to go unnoticed for a while, or at least until she was able to find the headmistress and headmaster.

Girls and boys were talking and laughing as they walked around the foyer which was massive, like the lobby of her hotel.

Glossy white marble floors had the light from the massive and fancy chandeliers above shine down on them. Silver lamps of the kingdom's flower were mounted on the pillars that held the high ceilings up so the chandeliers wouldn't bring them down. Chairs and couches were set out here and there, tables against the wall held flowers and other knick-knacks, along with coffee or side tables in the middle of the chair and couch set up. 

Silver carpet, like the famous red carpet, was rolled out where people would walk on to keep from getting the marble dirty or scuffed up. Rugs were underneath each table, making sure the feet of the furniture did not touch the marble floor.

Sidney slowly spun around and accidentally stumbled into a girl, who flicked her red hair to her back as she stood in the middle of the foyer with her golden-brown eyes fixed on her. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" She exclaimed, smoothing down her satin purple skirt and then fixing the matching bow on her blouse.

Sidney was flustered, she had dropped both her suitcase and duffle bag onto the floor and covered up her mouth with wide eyes. "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean -" She tried to apologize to her, feeling bad for what she had done.

The redheaded girl looked her up and down, seeing the uniform she had on and her name tag, she concluded that she was: "You must be the bellhop for this academy? A little late are we? Tardiness is frowned upon, you know. I had to lug all seven of my suitcases into my room. Now my back and feet hurt all because you're late." She complained to her, pointing a finger at her chest.

Sidney waved her hands in front of herself, shaking her head at her words. "But I'm not -" She was again cut off by Dree who would not let the poor girl say a single thing.

Dree scoffed and placed her hands on her hips as she licked her bright red lips. "Look," She glanced at her name tag. "Sidney, I'm Cedreena "Dree" Collins, Crown Princess of Lonora, you don't talk back to royalty. I forgave you for my inconvenience and you should be honored that I let this slip by. Oh and here are five dollars, perhaps getting a bigger tip will motivate you." She handed Sidney the money, pretty much stuffing it in her hand before walking off.

Sidney was flabbergasted as looked at the bill in her hand and turned around to quickly to say something to Dree, whowas hurrying off with another girl by then.

"Oh boy," She sighed as she stuck the bill in her skirt pocket. "I better keep this and give it back to her when she realizes that I'm one of the scholarship winners." She bent down and picked back up her suitcase and duffle bag.

Just as she had composed herself again, she was knocked to the ground, her suitcase and duffle bag falling on the floor. This time a white rambunctious poodle began to lick her face, keeping her pinned down. While a beautiful black Maine Coon cat, rubbed her face on Sidney's arms and looked at her, and meowed.