❦ Chapter Fifteen ❦

The second school day had come to an end. Everyone sat at the tables and chatted while eating their supper.

Nate shoved his hands into his pockets as he looked at his tray full of food. "Who knew learning about politics and diplomacy would make you hungry? Even singing would make you hungry, I thought it'd only make you thirsty." He let out a whistle.

Michael rubbed his eyes and loosened the tie around his neck. "I've never sung in my life and I did not know I could sing those notes," He then paused, recalling the scene vividly. "If you count a sick toad with a fly stuck in their throat, then I'm a natural."

Amelia giggled at and nudged him as she walked away from the lunch line. "You weren't that bad. A little pitchy, but you have range." She encouraged, trying to be a little supportive towards Nate while flashing a smile. "Don't be so hard on yourself."

Witty looked behind him at Sidney as his tray was filled with dinner. "You were pretty good, even our choir teacher said you have range. With a little practice, you can smooth out those vocals." He praised her, wanting to make her feel a little better.

Sidney then noticed Thea was caught up in her thoughts as Dree was chatting away. "You guys go head to our table. I want to have a word with Thea." She told them, leaving them to wonder why she needed to speak with her.

She walked towards Thea, knowing this couldn't wait any longer. "Good evening, Thea! I don't think we met on the right track. If we will be here the whole school year I think she should at least get on the right foot." She gave a smile trying to be confident, although it was flattering. "I know you don't like scholarship winners, but believe me, I don't hold it against you because maybe that was how you were raised or a bad experience before."

Thea snapped out of her thoughts, giving her body a little jolt, and turned towards the girl. "Uh? Oh, um, yes, Sidney? Uh, you again . . . what do you -" She stammered, trying to collect her thoughts.

Dree sat back with raised eyebrows. "I am surprised you are speaking with us again after it was obvious I don't like you." She forced a sweet smile but her tone was condescending. "I don't care if we got off on the wrong foot or not, nothing you say will change how I feel and I would appreciate it if you left me alone."

Sidney was a bit stunned and didn't know exactly how to react. "Oh, yeah, that does seem like the best opinion. I just thought I would try." She sighed and then thought. 'Try to be the bigger person.' She glanced at her friends and then back to Thea. "Anyways, I want to congratulate you on being Crown Princess. Your Father seems so happy for you and so does your Mother." 

Thea hummed, swallowing what was in her mouth, and could feel Dree's eyes burning into her skin. "Does it look like I care? I don't need your congratulations nor do I care how you feel about it." Then something clicked in her head what her father had said earlier. "I heard you checked my dad into your hotel."

Sidney had to do a double-take to make sure she heard her right. "Wait, Marshall Messing is your father?" She couldn't believe she had not put two and two together. "I didn't even know who he was." 

Thea had a hard time believing she didn't know that Marshall was her dad. "How many people do you know with my surname?" She asked, knowing fully well Messing wasn't a very common surname.

Sidney bit her tongue. 'She is right. Messing is quite an uncommon surname, I think it might even be banned from being used in Senoia, at least from what I recall Missy telling me.' She thought to herself and then replied. "No one, I guess?" 

"My point exactly," Thea pursed her lips. "If you happen to see anyone with Messing as their surname odds are, they are related to me. Of course, I take it you knew nothing about the royals before coming here, am I right?" She questioned condescendingly much to Dree's content.