❦ Chapter Eight ❦

Witty gave a soft whistle leaning against his locker. "She is something else ain't she? I can't believe she is going to rule our whole kingdom. Can you believe it? Under her rule we are doomed I tell you, doomed."

Sidney fell back onto her locker. "And to think my sister thought she was a wonderful person. She's not even the slightest thing close to a nice person." She shook her head and placed her hand on her forehead.

Witty turned his head and furrowed his brows. "No, she's not. She's only sweet and nice when on camera and to people who she needs to see her that way. Otherwise, she's a brat, and I'm putting that nicely." He explained, shaking his head.

Sidney wondered how he could have known that. "How do you know? Have you met her before?" She inquired, genuinely curious.

Witty sighed softly, pushing up his glasses yet again. "Let's just say, a story for another time." He replied and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm just glad I have another fellow Senoian here, and if we do manage to graduate."

"We can only hope and try our best." Sidney paused, rubbing her arm with her hand. "I can't believe only ten percent of scholarship winners have made it to graduation."

Witty looked down at his sneakers and pushed up his glasses. "It is a bit discouraging to think about. I just hope we can bring up the percentage and show them we won't back down! We are just as capable as them." He clenched his fist and spoke with determination.

"Speak for yourself," Sidney said, pointing her finger at him. "I know nothing about any of this and it's easy to say you won't until you face down what we'll have to deal with." She mumbled, discouraged. 

Witty rubbed the back of his neck and hummed. "Until that time comes, we shouldn't dwell on it. One step at a time." He encouraged, pushing up his glasses. "I think we should get settled into our rooms before our roomies join us." He suggested pulling up the handle of his suitcase and setting his duffle bag on top.

Sidney was curious to know who her roommates were. She figured it'd be the other scholarship winners. "Uh, okay, but um, where is the dormitory?" She asked, pushing herself off her locker.

Witty gave her a two-finger salute as he walked away from the lockers. "I'll show you to your room. Just follow me." He smiled and turned around, walking down the hall towards the dormitory.

Sidney departed from Witty and went towards the ladies dorms and picked up her room key from the Dean.

She walked up the stairs and to the door which she opened peeking in as her eyes growing wide. The room had fancy clear Victorian-style doors that opened to the balcony. The floors were also marble with shag silver rugs.

She flopped on her fluffy silver comforter that was in her bed. "Oh wow," She gasped in awestruck wonder. "This bed is ten times more comfortable than mine." She rolled on her stomach and buried her face into the pillow after kicking off her shoes. 

She knew her sister would love to be here and see how this looks. "Where is my camera," She opened up her back rummaging through her duffle back.

She smiled and took out her camera, taking a few pictures of the room and also the view she had from the inside and outside. 

She leaned against the railing of her balcony, seeing the ocean peaking between the two mountains. "This view -" She marveled at the sight before her.

She sighed, turning around and walking back inside. Walking over to her nightstand she opened the drawer and placed her camera inside before shutting it.

She paused and smiled softly at the thought of her notebook filled to the brim with everything in this place. "Oh Missy, you have way too much time on your hands." She frowned and sat down on her bed. "This should be you here, not me. I know nothing about this while you know so much."