26

Vi and Caitlyn had spent that morning dancing in the kitchen. Swaying to the record Caitlyn had put on. After they ate a heavy lunch, they retired to the bedroom.

Caitlyn sits against the headboard. Vi lays between Caitlyns legs, head resting on Caitlyns thigh.

Caitlyns arms are looped under Vis under arms, opposite hands intertwined with Vis hands on the pink haired womans stomach, holding her in a contracted embrace. A faint smile settles on Caitlyns lips as Vi tunes into the new record Caitlyn had put on.

Vi doesnt recognize the next few songs, letting her eyes lull closed. The last song, however, she latches to for some reason.

Theres nothing special about this song. Its an instrumental like the rest. When it ends, Vi gently taps on Caitlyns arm. Because the tap is much like their safe signal, Caitlyn becomes very alert.

"Whats wrong, love?" Caitlyns voice drips with worry. Vi looks up at her, eyes big and shiny.

"I just…" Vis cheeks have a light blush, and she swallows nervously. "I liked that song. Can you, maybe, um, replay it for me, please?" Brushing the stray hairs from Vis face, Caitlyn nods, lips sporting a wide grin.

"Of course, darling." She gets up, and makes quick work replaying the song so she can return to Vi.