32

"Vander, why is there words?" A small hand prods the tall mans side, popsicle stick clutched between the fingers.

"Hm, let me see." Vander picks up Vi, taking the popsicle stick from her.

It was a rare occasion Ekko and Benzo were able to convince Vander to let the boys and Powder help around the shop, and tinker with things. At the age of 9, Vi thought herself too old to be with them. Instead, Vander took her around the Lanes.

"How do you make a tissue dance?" Vi tilts her head.

"I dunno."

"You put a little boogie in it." Vander smiles as small giggles escape the girl.

-

Its become a frequent occurrence for Vi to bring popsicle sticks to Vander. She loves when he reads the jokes to her.

"What did the hotdog say after it won the race?"

"What?!" Vi claps whilst hopping.

"Im the wiener." She squeals, Vander scooping her into his arms.

-

"What did zero say to eight?"

"Hm?"

"Nice belt!"

-

"What are the smartest animals?"

"Monkies!"

"Not quite. Fish, because they stay in schools. Speaking of, im pretty sure its time to wake the others so we can all hit the books."

-

"How does a flower get across a lake?"

"Can flowlers (flowers) swim?"

"Nope. It rose. Get it?"

"No." Vi pouts.

"A rose is a flower, and to manually," Vander makes a rowing motion, "move a boat, its usually called 'rowing'."

"It rows… It rose…" It takes her a moment to process. She then bubbles with laughter.

A/N: Ive had this in my drafts for a bit. This is the first copy ive liked, and i hope you all like it, too.