31

It isnt unusual for Vi to choose the floor over the bed sometime during the night. Caitlyn doesnt like it much, but Vi thinks it helps her sleep.

Caitlyn wont have it. As soon as Vi leaves to spend time with her sister, Caitlyn shoves her bed against the wall, then storms to the market.

Pillows of all shapes and sizes are dumped onto her bed. She arranges them like a game of Tetris. The neck supporting pillows are where they would generally lay.

Trip two is stuffed animals, all piled on Vis side of the bed. Caitlyn will let her arrange those how she wants.

The last trip is blankets. Soft ones, weighted ones, and most of all: theyre all large and warm. One by one, theyre layered above the comforter.

Before Vi can even take her shoes off, Caitlyn is ushering her to the bedroom. "Babe-"

"No talking." Caitlyn slams her door open. Vi stands in shock.

"What happened to your bed?"

"Our bed is now livable to your standards. Go lay down. You best be under all those blankets."

"Theres four blankets, i will die of heat exhaustion."

"Stop complaining, and try it out." She does.

Settling with her back against the wall, stuffed animals spread around the bed and in her arms, Vi finds her eyes drooping.

Usually it takes some time laying on the floor before Vi starts to feel tired, Caitlyn opting to coax her back into bed, only for Vi to go back to the floor after her middle of the night pee.

"So?" Caitlyn brushes the bangs out of Vis face.

"So what?" Vis voice is slurred.

"I take it you like this?"

"I would like it more… if…" Her eyes flutter closed. Caitlyn smiles, then climbs into her arms.