𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺: Lips are Sealed Mamma!

A few months later, you completely stopped talking to Natasha but you were still pretty decent with her since you have high respect for people. Uhm, wait, not completely though, you still talk to her when you're with the team and you would slip a few words to her from here and there then you'd feel awkward about it, however she was still thankful that you could say one or two words to her.

You entered the laundry room of the compound, lost in your thoughts while humming a song that you heard Steve playing in his vinyl coming from his room and you couldn't seem to let that beautiful melody off your head, plus it was also playing on your earphones who you also learned from Steve and you kind of enjoyed the songs of 40's to 90's.

"You here to do your laundry?" A voice speaks out, startling you from your very soul, as if it wasn't already obvious that you were carrying a basket full of filthy clothes for a week.

"Jesus!" You shrieked before looking to who was responsible for such swearing. "What?" You asked when your eyes landed on Natasha, with a slight crack of your voice since you didn't expect to see her there.

She smiled in amusement, arching an eyebrow, "I said, are you here to do your laundry?" She asked the second time around.

"Yes," You simply answered without extra whatsoever attitude or words.

You turned around and put your clothes inside the washing machine. You were doing just fine until one of your underwear slipped from your grasps and you closed your eyes for a mere second and froze becuase you knew damn well that Natasha had her eyes on you the whole time, and you felt embarrass but then immediately picked it up as if everything was normal.

On the other side, Natasha was quietly chuckling to herself, finding this behavior to be entertaining while flipping pages on a magazine that she seemed to be bored with now since you stepped foot inside that room.

Not a moment later, you started cursing to yourself for being dumb enough to not know how this things work.

Then suddenly, you felt her hover on top of you with a hand over your shoulder and you feel like passing out for a second there because it was all so overwhelming as your body began to tense up, alarming Natasha, but instead of pulling away, she rest her palm gently on your shoulder blade and squeezed it reassuringly.

"It's just me, I don't bite cupid," She lowly whispered to your ears, eyes flastered on the side of your face before she proceeded to help you with your struggle. "Just press this button here then FRIDAY will do the work for you." She added easily.

But then, you found yourself breathing in the scent of her hair which was a mix of coconut and lavender, making you feel relaxed as you released a long heavy breath, which again she noticed, causing her eyebrows to furrow in both confusion and amusement.

"Oh, yeah, uhm, yeah, thanks," You blurted out of the blue when you realized what you were doing. Pulling yourself underneath her, you walked towards one of the couches, -yes, the laundry room has couches because Tony said so-, privately listening to your songs, yet your eyes secretely follows her moves and so does she.

You swallowed thickly with your heart pounding against your chest as Natasha sat next to you and then scooted a little bit more until there was no space left between your guys legs, and the warmth went around your body like a tidal wave.

"So, what are you listening to?" She asked, keeping the small talks becuase she somehow finds herself contented with just hearing your voice for three seconds.

"Old songs," You answered, breathing the words out as if someone just choked you.

The silence came in after she hummed in response and you feel like you have to say something to let her know that you weren't ignoring her, and to also assure her that you like her presence, not just really close becuase you might fall harder than you expected.

"Nat," You started, turning to look at her and she was already looking at you, making you smile bashfully.

"Yeah?" She asked softly, eyes boring into yours while trying not to glance at your lips.

You inhaled a sharp breath. "Uhm," Pretending to think when you're not really thinking is a very dumb idea to do, especially when you're face to face to a highly trained assassin. "I - uh, how can I put this? I just want to say that I'm not ignoring you or hate you, I don't really like hating people, and -- this is so hard!" You stressed out, but apparently the lady you're talking to is out of the world. "You know what I mean, right? Or no? I don't even know, it's just--"

Closing your eyes in frustration for a while, suddenly your earphones was being pulled away from your ears and before you could even ask or think...

Natasha placed her hand under your chin, pulling you in and finally, the most anticipated moment of this book happened.

It was at that time when you knew what her lips were like, what you thought they'd feel against yours, and you were right. They were soft, almost silken, and pillowy against yours. You could feel her hot breath tickle under your nose, and even though it was abrupt, her lips lingered on yours for a few seconds before she pulled away.

And with your eyes still closed, you were afraid to open them that if you did it was all in your head but you knew it wasn't, in reality, deep down the answer was this...

You opened your eyes which was met by the most perfect shades of green, staring back at you with a million thoughts in her head, but you couldn't see or read any of them since she boxed them inside her perfect little skull. But most of all the one thought that stood out in your head after sensing the way Natasha's heart beat is that, she was slowly falling inlove, the problem is that she chose you.

━━━  ⧗  ━━━