𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶: The Killer Cupid

The television was quietly playing on the background as the Avengers busy themselves with whatever more important than the news report that was practically flashed on the big screen.

As Sam was about to stand up to stretch his limbs seeing as he's been sitting for longer than expected, he caught a glance at the screen, furrowing his own eyebrows as he sat properly and ordered the AI to turn the volume up.

"Police report that a twenty-nine year old woman standing and talking with the others in the parking lot just outside of her apartment building was found dead on the spot with bruises around its neck, Staurday evening." The reporter stated.

"That's five times this week," Sam mumbled but he was loud enough to grab everybody's attention as they all looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"The news, don't y'all watch it?" He retorted and they all glared at him. "Police says there's a serial killer on the loose around the island, there's been killing reports everywhere, they even have the same tactics," Sam was almost amused as he told the story to his teamates, it was as if he finds this news entertaining, aren't all news entertaining?

"What the hell are you talking about?" Bucky scoffed as the rest of them shared looks from one another.

"People says that they have no idea who it may be but the attacker sure knows when and where to attack," The reporter continued on the background but at this point Natasha and Tony was now focused on it.

"A serial killer," Natasha sounded interested to the topic as the room fell in silence.

Except for Thor, he was thinking anxiously to himself, arms crossed in front of his chest as he stared at the screen. No one knew, but this past few days Thor has been feeling a little off the edge, and with this mysterious killings happening, he might have an idea on who it may be. Sure as hell he can't just spot something, but the way how the victims were killed was familiar to him, not only that but also the time of the attacks, which is always takes place in evenings, there is only one person that comes to his mind as if it was haunting him to his very soul. But it could also be coincidential, right?

"--no, we can't interfere, the police got this, we've got bigger problem to solve," Tony stated firmly.

"Such as?" Natasha asked with her head slightly tilt to the side, glaring at Tony with challenge in her eyes.

Tony looked around the room, taking note that everyone was waiting for his answer but it never came as his eyes landed to Wanda who only entered the room. Furrowing his eyebrows, knowing that something was bothering the witch.

"Something's troubling you, woogly woos?" Tony casually asked, effectively changing the topic, making Nat roll her eyes.

"Nothing," She tried to shove it away but, "Have any of you seen Y/N around?"

"I saw her in the lab," Bruce answered immediately.

"When?" Wanda turned to look at him.

"I-uhm," He paused and thought, "I don't exactly remember when, w-why are we looking for her?" He replied.

"Doesn't it bother you that none of us have seen her for," She shrugged, "who knows how long we last saw her."

"I saw her two weeks ago," Natasha spoke up, "She was wandering around the hallway at midnight."

"What were you doing up at midnight?" Clint asked the wrong question but he knows that, it was a way to annoy Natasha, which it did, making Clint grin.

"Did you two have a chat?" Wanda asked, keeping the questions coming which making it suspicious.

"No. Why, do you know something that we don't?" Natasha squinted her eyes.

"Okay, first off what are these questions for, and second, we could just ask Fury if he has something to do with Y/N," Tony suggested.

"If he had something to do with Y/N, why wouldn't he tell us?" Steve asked this time, looking back at Tony.

"It can be confidential," Vision offered.

Out of the blue, Thor stood up and said, "Heimdall, where is Loki?" He asked, since Loki was kicked out three days ago because he pissed off Tony and Hulk almost smashed him.

"Hey, pointbreak, we're kind of having a meeting here so why don't you share your thoughts to the class?" Tony stated sarcastically, along with that big grin on his face.

"Not now, Stark," Thor's voice was low and thick, almost sounding angry himself as he walked out of the room.

"What's gotten into him?" Sam questioned, looking at the God as he walked away.

"Cheezewhiz?" This time it was Rhodes who talked, causing everyone to turn around to look at him.

"When did you get here?" Bucky asked.

"Just now, I was just borrowing a few spare parts, if that's okay Tony, because my suit fell from the roof," He smiled at his own words, trying so hard to be amusing.

"...of your house?" Steve slightly smiled at the man.

"Yep," Rhodes replied popping out the p, before he turned his heels goodbye.

"Oh, uh, one more thing, if by chance you bump into
Y/N call us," Tony yelled a little for Rhodes to hear, as he dragged his hand in his ears like someking of a telephone.

"Copy that," He replied, closing the door after him.

"Jesus, people justs pops in and out of this compound," Clint muttered, amusedly shaking his head.

"Why not try calling her?" Tony picked up his device.

"She doesn't have a phone," Nat mumbled under her breath as if she was scared to speak up.

"Right," Tony asnwered side glancing Natasha since they were just a few inches away from eachother. "She only uses Walkman — Where did even Fury got her?"

"I believe that the Director found her at the back of his house," Vision answered.

Everyone shared a look before their eyes landed on Vision, "What was she doing at the back of Fury's house?" Clint asked for everyone.

"I can not seem to find the answer of your question," Vision answered.

Three hours later, the Avengers was now scattered around the conference room with confidential papers surrounding them as they all tried to look for any informations about your existance, as if they would find one.

"That's weird," Bruce scratched the back of his head, holding a folder in hand while flipping it back and forth. His brows furrowed, "I don't understand."

"What do you not understand, Bruce?" Natasha asked softly, without looking up as her eyes were trained on her laptop.

"This," He gestured for the black folder, "It reads 'The Killer Cupid', what's Killer Cupid?" He asked, looking at the rest of them who is equally as confused.

"What year is that from?" Steve asked.

"It's something in the year of... late second century A.D," Bruce slowly answered.

"How did that file get in here?" Tony mumbled to himself as he takes a seat next to Natasha who seems to be more quiet than anyone eles in the room. "Any luck?" Tony whispered.

"The tale of Cupid and Psyche," She wasn't answering his question, rather she was taking note to herself.

"Oh, the one where Cupid was a sociopath," Tony points out but she only side glanced him.

"Bruce, what does the file say?" Natasha asked, finally looking at him.

"The massacre in Asgard," He reads outloud.

And once again, the room fell in complete silence, communicating through eyes as they all have one thought in mind, they needed Thor.

━━━  ⧗  ━━━