One Damn Cold Night (Boyxboy)

I got downstairs with nothing but a towel wrapped around my waist. Going to the fridge to get a coke as my mom came into the kitchen, "Your uncle is on the phone he says he wants to talk to you."

I slammed the fridge and headed towards the living room. Why? Why now? I picked up the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey Dylan how is it going?"

"Why are you calling me?"

"Oh well your mother and I talked and well..."

The line went silent, "I'm hanging up," I snapped.

"No wait! Your mother told me to take care of you."

Why the hell would my mom want him to do that, "Why? She is already taking care of me?"

"Didn't your mom tell you?"

"Enough with the small talk. Why?"

"Your mother is going over seas on a cruise to work. So she told me to take care of you."

I remembered my mom telling me that a few days ago about her going over seas, "And how would you take care of me when you live in England?"

The phone went silent and then, "You will live with me and go to a boarding school. And you will come home every weekend. Its your mother's wish for you to come to England while she works. It would be months before she comes back."

Well if it is for my mother I guess it won't hurt, "OK. I will do it."

"Good boy," don't praise me like a dog, "I will send you a plane ticket for you to come this weekend. The school will start on Monday."

We arrived on Friday to the airport. I hated planes they were always so nosy and people don't stop talking to you once they start. I arrived at the gate and my mom was hugging me good bye. It felt like she was abandoning me by going on the cruise. Why work on a cruise mom? I let go of her and got my backpack. Waving at her I disappeared from her site and aboarded the plane. I sat next to a man who looked like a grandpa. 'Please don't talk to me, please don't talk to me.'

"Hey, where did you come from?" the old man says.

I quickly made up an excuse, "I don't speak English." I turned to face the window. My excuse worked because he gave up speaking to me. I sighed and relaxed.

At 12 pm I landed, which was a 10-hour flight; I unbroaded the plane.  a guy holding a sign saying, 'Master Dylan' I walked over to him, "Who are you?"

"Um...I'm Carlos and as you can see I'm waiting for someone."

"OK what are you doing with my name?" I get annoyed easily.

The guy looked at me stunt, "Oooh are you Master Dylan?"