Chapter 13: An uneasy sleep

My mind went through a constant battle against my body. Twisting my body in all directions I tried to find a pleasing angle on the sqeaking mattress.

Every time a would drift into a silent slumber images would fill my mind; most filled with terror or sadness, causing my freaked out brain to argue against how tired my body was.

I wanted to scream in frustration, but knew that would only cause trouble from the villagers. So somewhere, in this battle I had through out most of the night, my brain gave up and welcomed sleep. With the dreams that came with it.

-"I'm telling you it's too risky! What ever genius plan you have your mind set on is too dangerous!"

The source of the voice was not shown, but all I knew was that I was sitting on a ledge, starring at the over lapping of water as it connected to the sand below.

My mouth opened and my voice almost felt lost, but had a slight edge to it that gave it a powerful feel of confidence," I don't want to have to constantly live in fear. We need to stand up and fight! I can't just sit here hearing about the countless of M.C's being deleted. We shouldn't have to live in hiding anymore."

My eyes stayed directly set on the Waxing Gibbous moon rising in the sky in front of me as the person sat next to me; a flash of gray in the corner of my vision.

"Even if you were to try to find the others, there's no guarantee you would be able to. We're all scattered everywhere and not all are most likely to be as nice as us." the girl next to me said.

Courage raised in my voice," Not all of them are likely to join us, but that doesn't mean some wouldn't! How would we know for sure that it wouldn't work if we didn't at least try first?"

I turned to face her, a smile growing on my face. The girl was completely made of stone and had short spikey hair that instead of pointing up, pointed down.

She wore light blue pants and a white t-shirt that had a block of stone as its only image on the front and on her feet was a pair of white sneakers.

Her silver eyes perked up and she responded saying," Ok lets give it a chance. Just promise me that you won't get yourself killed."

Rising from where she sat she waited for my response. Standing I looked her strait in the eyes and said," I promise Lace, neither you nor I will get killed."-

Something about this dream felt sad for some reason. A reason I would soon find out. The only clue I had was, Lace. The vary word gave me a head ache.

Why am I having these dreams?

Sorry that the chapter was short. I'll try to make them longer. Thanks for the votes and comments! Even thanks to all you silent readers out there LOL! I really appreciate all this support! Thank you all and thank you God most of all.