Chapter 16: Zombie Wonderland

Just a single moan was more than I could bare. Her skin was the same skin tone as my own and her clothes some how was an exact replica of mine. Her nose was a darker shade and her eyes were red. A blood shot red that reminded me of that glimmer I saw off Zoey's eyes.

But the difference was that her eyes were purposely that shade of red and these eyes that starred at me were hollow and life less. A heavy breeze absorbed the prairie, giving off heat intead of cold air.

Lane's brain seemed to click and suddenly started to move towards me. A sickly rumble almost like a horrible cold erupted from her mouth.

Maybe the reason she didn't want me in her village was because I would bring the Mob Queen here.

The thought struck me like a slap. It hadn't been because I was a Zombie but because I was a Mobcrafter.

I ran into the village hoping that at least some villagers were safely in the bunker. But I was wrong. More moaning and curdling out cries rumpled in the villagers mouths. Bon and Albert rounded a corner towards me, their sickly green faces dumb founded.

Trying to avoid them I ran the opposite direction towards the armory. Inside I slammed the door close. Breathing heavily I looked around; the whole armory was empty. Everything was gone including all the crafting tables and chests.

Drake and Jeffery seemed to have vanished. More moans rang from outside, and the door began to shake.

What am I going to do?!

An idea popped in my head; slouching my shoulders even more, I arranged my face to look just as dumb founded as the Zombie Villager's faces. Then, dragging my bad foot to make my limp look worse I moaned and made that horrible sound they were making.

The door broke and they stormed in, this time with 3 more Zombie villagers in toll. I think they were Sofie, Hela and Mare. But I couldn't tell because of how they looked almost identical to everyone else.

They paused at the sight a me and tilted there heads in a idiotic way then stumbled in all sorts of directs. Leaving the armory careful not give up the act, I stumbled to the bunker hoping some one at least was there.

The bunker was under the meeting room. Cleverly concealed under one of the oak planks that lay on the floor. It took me a while to find the right one, but when I did I went strait in, closing it behind me.

The sight in the bunker made me cry. Not a single crafter nor villager was here. The chests were still stocked and the beds were still made but no sign of life could be seen.

I sat on the bed in the corner, tears clouded my vision. My body asked for sleep, but I sat petrified.   

Lane was a Zombie Villager.

Bon was a Zombie Villager.

Albert was a Zombie Villager.

Sofie was a Zombie Villager.

Hela was a Zombie Villager.

Mare was a Zombie Villager.

Andra, Fred, Zoey, Johnson, Jeffery, Drake, and Ray were missing.

I was locked in the bunker.

I couldn't control my tears. They just kept coming and coming. Making my insides feel raw and my cheeks feel swelled. I was completely left to my thoughts.

The army must have gotten in through the tunnels that I found. But how? Only the villagers knew about that. I had tolled no one else.

I thought back to that hallway that connected to the room full of chests and the dirt passage ways. It had never occurred to me to question to whom it all belonged to. Then something terrible popped in my mind, the white stone I saw in the hallway... it was Quartz.