Chapter 7: Morning ride

I've become quite tired of this continues blacking out dilemma.

I woke up YET AGAIN on the bed, but this time a small croud of people surrounded me.

One was the little girl who had hit me with my own shovel (my head still ached from that). Two others were random villigers I had never seen before, plus the villager boy I had saved from his burning house.

Someone was in the back with a brewing stand, boiling some concoction and the last person in the room was the crafter who had me chug down those HORRIBLE tasting potions (what felt but was probaly more) the previous day.

"Uhh...hello," my voice felt hollow and sounded raw.

One of the villigers spoke saying, "We need to call a meeting. Bring her."

The little girl rushed outside and brought back in a fat smoosh faced pig. They led the pig over to me with a carrot. The person making potions handed the crafter a pinkish potion that simmered.

All but the crafter and the little girl left, as he handed me the potion, "Here drink this should help you get your health back up. I don't think we've been properly introduced, this is Andra and I'm Johnson."

Drinking the potion (after deciding it was not going to kill me) I looked up at him.

"Stefinie Z."

I responded lifting up my stiff hand to shake his, but was shocked by a blast of pain. I lowered my arm from the weak attempt to shake his hand and huffed between breaths,

"Whats the pig for?"

The little girl got peppy at the mention of the pig,"This is Fred! One of our best riding pigs in the village! He's going to carry you to the meeting."

The plump pig oinked at the mention of his name and waddled quite clumsily. Andra took a saddle off a table I didn't even acknowledged existed.

Fred huffed as the heavy leather saddle was strapped onto him, but seemed to only be focusing on me his new rider.

His bulging eyes were starting to freak me out. Its almost like he can see right through me. Johnson motion to help me onto the pig, but I did it clumsily myself (mainly because I had just woken up and didn't trust him still).

My weight on the Fred made him slightly stiffen as he set his new attention on the carrot in Andra's hand. In the corner of my eye I saw, for a second sadness, in Johnson's eyes, but it was gone as quick as it came.

It was a little unnerving to be riding Fred. His fat skin tended to wiggle and his plump face made his oink almost echo.

Andra was completely distracted with guiding Fred by the time Johnson spoke,

"So...where you from?"

I opened my mouth slowly in response, "From the neighboring birch forest."

The pig is now huffing funny. Almost like he's exhausted all ready. Johnson fumbled with his words and I wondered is trying to act casual?

"Um....I was wondering if you would like to-" he was stopped in mid sentence when Andra said we had reached the meeting room.

 I looked back at him, is that a flash of annoyance I see?

I didn't have time to linger on that thought before I went into the meeting room.