Chapter 17: Walk Down Memory Lane

My body forced me to sleep. After all that had happened it seemed outrageous to, but I had no say in it because my eyes were all ready slipping close. Words sprouted in my mind. Repeating them selves over and over again like a bunch of scrabbled notes.

Quartz. Rhyme. Mob Queen. Resistance. Mobcrafters. Lace. Kalia.

Then, a two word joined the bundle, Drake and Jeffery. Instantly my mind wandered into that name and to whom it belonged to.

-"Rhyme, maybe the rumors are false. It doesn't look like anyone has ever lived here before." Said a tired, light, voice. The voice came from the same light gray girl I had seen in my previous dream, Lace.

Her face was streaked with worry and her hair looked a bit messed up, like she hadn't had much sleep lately. Her soft eyes were down cast as if we've been looking for all these Mobcrafters for quite a while.

Two new faces were beside her. They were shorter than us by about 4 or 5 pixels and had penetrating red eyes. Their hair was a dark, hazy, black, that had bits of dark gray here and there. They had dark skin too. Almost as dark as their hair but just slightly lighter. The big difference between the two was that one was a girl and the other a boy.

The girl had red shorts on and a light gray short sleeve, shirt. She was bare foot and on her left wrist she had a Redstone bracelet. Her hair was in two pig tails that sprouted out of the sides of her head and curled into a spiral below her ears along side her bangs. On her pig tails was two Redstone hair ties.

The boy had the same clothes except his shorts were longer and more army like. Instead of a Redstone bracelet he had a Redstone anklet. His hair was long, and a bit wild. He had this edge to him, almost like he was ready to hit something at any moment. But besides that there was a bit of mischief hidden in his eyes, like he wanted to laugh and make jokes but he had been beaten stale.

Ivy and Bean.

The two names hit my head like a slap, as my mind continued to play the events taking place in my head.

"Or maybe sssshe jussst left. Queen Quartz could've heard the rumorsss too and ssssent Mobsss after the Mobcrafterss." Said Ivy slurring her s's as she played around us by climbing on the limbs of the silver barked trees.

This is a Savannah?!

I scanned over a lonely mountain that sat at the center of the Savannah. A glimmer of light in one of it's caves caught my eye as we trudged up around the land scape in the dead of night. Bean replied saying while also slurring his s's ,

"Or mossst likely ssshe planted thessse rumorss to lure Mobcraftersss like usss here to kill usss." Bean joined his sister, climbing the trees, but instead he used the trees to help better scan the area.

Bean seemed like the kind of guy that would take an arrow for someone. Obviously that some one would be his sister.

" I think I see something in one of the mountain caves." I said inching my way closer to the source of the light.

Lace and Bean looked at the cave skeptically, while Ivy started to run for it, cartwheeling as she went. Her smile never failing as she got closer. She acted like a child, having too much fun to realized the danger.

"Ivy! Be careful thisss could be a trap!" Bean said running after his sister who just replied with a cheerful, giggling volume that seemed to light up the dark and eerie mood of the Savannah.

A slight smirk curved his lips, but then that beaten hollowness returned, as he ran to his sister's side.

That enthusiasms going to get us all killed.

The thought was murky, and didn't come from me at the moment, but had seemed to come from a past thought.

The ground shook from under us and a pirate flag could be seen and the mountains tip, along side a girl with a chicken. A tall guy stood next to her. He rolled his eyes, clearly not liking how she was displaying herself as a pirate and evaporated into thin air in a puff of purple.

"FIRE!" said the strange girl even though she had no weapons.

Suddenly some force came from her hand and the ground around us exploded. She kept yelling the phrase over and over again as she some how blew up the earth around us.

Grabbing Lace by the arm I pulled her into the cover of the debris and yelled for Ivy and Bean to come hide. I could see Bean and Ivy taking cover. Their faces completley set on survival mode.

"Stay here." I said to them, climbing into full view of the attackers.

"PLEASE STOP! WE'RE NOT HERE TO FIGHT! I JUST WANT TO TALK!" I shouted at the deranged Mobcrafters.

The air behind my felt thick and two hands gripped my wrist, tying them together with some sort of material. Purple flakes hovered around me and I turned to see a Mobcrafter with jet black hair and purple eyes, completely covered in black clothing. So much I couldn't tell what was his skin color because he even had a cloth across his mouth like a ninja.

"Um....hi. My names Rhyme. What's yours?" I asked trying to start conversation, as a side of the mountain opened revealing a wooden hallway of orange planks.

He didn't respond. He just led me down the hallway, the mountain closing behind me. I was seated in a room and soon three Mobcrafters came into the room.

The girl whom had been screaming like a pirate, had a familar green skin tone, Kalia. The two other Mobcrafters whom had come in looked like villagers, but there was something off about them. These two Mobcrafters were,

Drake and Jeffery.-

I woke to a voice and a knocking on the bunker door.