Tequila

Sam

Sam

I grunted inwardly as I see Craig and his parents walk through the doors.

You think they would have gone through having dinner at their own home this year. They complain about my dad's habit of always turning every holiday into what they call- another Cinco de Mayo celebration.

He can't help it though. He loves his workers, and his workers love and respect him. He tries to do big celebrations for them by bringing them into our home, making a big cook-off outside and of course... Let's, and lots of drinking.

Mom hates it of course because the ladies start cleaning and preparing all kinds of goods, making her feel bad. But let's face it, mom hates cooking, and she always hires a cleaning crew to take care of everything at home.

Meanwhile, she spends her day shopping, branching, and playing bridge with her snooty friends, and yes, it includes Craig's mom in her group.

"There you are you big beluga, how are you old man?" Craig's dad hugs my dad with a loud thump on his back.

"Hey, shark, I thought you guys were heading to your cabin to spend the week up there? What happened? No wifi scared the wife and kid?" dad jokes, making him throw his head back chuckling.

"You know them too well. They can't seem to be able to spend a day without shopping or using those damn contractions," he says shaking his head.

"Julian?... Julian, tell Jorge and the rest of your workers to be careful with my plants, they're going to kill them." mom storms in looking angry.

"And where do you think you're going?" she looks at Jorge going up the stairs making him freeze in his spot.

Jorge looks at my dad and then towards my mom, "Uh, boss said to put Mr. Russell's luggage in Sammy's room."

Her eyes widen, and I just know all hell is loose.

"Oh no you're not." she places her hands on her hips and turns to look at dad who turns his sight away from her looking at the ceiling. "How can you tell him to put his bags in our daughter's room? He's a man, he can not stay in her room."

"Oh, please. Russell is a nice boy, besides, Sam is a grown woman, she can handle herself."

"Julian Adams, I can't believe you. The answer is no, I mean it." she says stomping her foot on the floor.

She was scary, but I don't think dad was taking her seriously.

"The HELL...." mom dragged her words, and dad knew she was going to be trouble unless he stuck by and put his foot down.

Honestly, I would so much rather have Russell stay with me because otherwise, it implied that Craig would try and sleep over and would probably try and sneak into my room at night. He knew how to unlock my door, which was why I had set up one of those locks on top that you have to undo from the inside.