Chapter 25

It been about a week since she has woken up

It been about a week since she has woken up. And about five days since she has found out about her true family. I wish I could say that it has been an happy ending. But that would be telling a lie.

She has been staring blankly into the wall. She hasn't really said a word. Other than the occasional night, I have been trying to give her space. But I still want answers about what happened.

She been oddly quiet, and a part of me wonders if she even remember? She barely eating, and believe me I have tried to get her to. But she always either asleep, or staring blankly.

I think she has fallen into a deep depressive episode.

And I wish I knew how to fix it. I wish I could wrap my arms around her. And fix all her problems, but I know that I can't.

This is a lot of information for her. To find out, that her whole life have been one lie. To know she actually had a loving family for her.

But I am getting more and more concerned.

I can tell Alec is worried about me. And I can't help but to feel guilty for shutting him out. But I don't know how I feel.

My life have been a lie? Why was I taken? My mother wasn't the women that gave birth to me? She had only taken me to abuse me my whole life?

To find out that I had this whole devoting family. Crying and missing me for years. And I never once knew, but now I'm overthinking everything.

Who all knew that I was taken?

Is that why Ethan would treat me the way he did? Did mother set him up to it? Did the church know? No, that can't be the case. She didn't even like me talk to people.

Does that explain the lost memories? The feeling of something missing in my life? Is that the reason I'm such a people pleaser? Is this my personality? Or just the shell of the person she had shaped?

Who am I really? Who is the real me? I real admit, I have felt a shift in myself. And I would like to think, that I had removed myself from her chains. But I can't help but to second guess.