4.

"I definitely wouldn't do something like that, Y/n-shi." His voice was serious, as the look on his face, as Y/n stared at him, her face void of any emotions as she said, nodding, "Then, please break off the engagement." Saying that, she stood up, about to walk away, when she felt a hand tug her wrist, making her feeze. She quickly turned around seeing Bangchan looking at her with a strange expression on his face.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair before he smiled uneasily, "Actually.......I can't call of the engagement." Y/n froze, before her eyes flared up, as she sneered, "Why? Don't you want to marry your own girlfriend?" Bangchan's eyes widened, as realisation dawned on him. The news.

There had been rumours all over media, that Bangchan was dating a model from a big agency, which was spread by dispatch. A mocking smile lifted up Y/n's lips, and her eyes glared holes at Bangchan as she spoke venomously, "I do not like being substitute for someone else, Mr. Chan, so you better find yourself another fiancee that would actually not have any qualms being substitute for a model."

Ofcourse, that definitely wasn't the reason why she didn't want to marry him, but it could be a good reason to escape this marriage. When Y/n tried to leave again, Bangchan's grip on her wrist tightened abit, as he spoke, "If that's what you're worried about, then I would like to clear it up." Y/n turned around seeing Bangchan's serious face, as he spoke sincerely, "I am not dating anyone, those were rumours spread around by dispatch, If you want you can contact with my band mates, to confirm. You can also inquire in the JYP headquarters, if that would confirm your doubts."

Y/n stared at his determined face, as he sighed speaking up, "Y/n look, I know at this date, Arrange marriage isn't really the choice that youths go for, but my parents really want this marriage to succeed." He looked a bit tired and drained, as he gestured over the seat again, gesturing Y/n to take it back. Y/n thought for a while, before slowly taking the seat begrudgingly.

Bangchan smiled gratefully, as he held her hands in his big palm, before speaking up, "Please, atleast consider this.....," he took a deep breath before finally speaking up. "My mom has not been feeling very well," his eyes held pain, as they stared at Y/n, "She has been feeling alot of pain in her chest these days, almost to the point of actually having to be admitted in the hospital."

Bangchan had a sad look on his face, as he continued, "She had been constantly saying that she is nearing the age where it isn't  known when she would die...," He took a deep breath, before trying to smile again, "I may not be the best, but at the very least I want to be a good son, at this moment, when she asks me to get married to her college time's bestfriend's daughter, how could I dare to say No to her?"

Y/n felt a sting in her heart for the first time, when she saw his pained look that he tried to hide behind a smile. He stared at her with a determined face as he shook his head with a weak smile, "I am sorry, I can't call off the only wish she asked for....., I know being an Idol brings me alot of restrictions, but if you give me a chance, I would try my best to keep you happy and satisfied."

Y/n froze at his words, before a bitter look formed on her face, as she shook her head. Her voice was bitter as she sighed, "Do you think, I would ask you to call off the engagement, if I could do it myself?" She brushed off Bangchan's had, as she stood up, ignoring his Puzzled face.

Bangchan stared at you with a bit of hurt, he didn't expect you to just brush off his confession like it was nothing, but at the same time Puzzled not knowing where he had gone wrong. "Uh....Y/n-shi?" You glanced at him, before speaking out coldly. "What more is there to discuss, if we both can't do anything about this? I will take my Leave now, Mr. Chan." Bangchan's eyes widened, as he stood up, "b-but, what about the food? You haven't even eaten anything Y/n-shi."