Chapter 2

First taping day came and this was not what I expected to happen.

I expected this to be awkward for the all of us, except for Julia, Kiray and I ofcourse. We've been friends for quite too long now. And when I say quite long, I mean really long. Like, for a decade. We've met in a comedy show where all of the cast were kids. That gag show was just so memorable for me. That's where I met my closest and bestest friends today.

As what I unexpected, everyone in the set are all going along. You're not even going to feel awkwardness or tension around us. Well, except for me and that Daniel guy of course. I don't understand why only the of us are not talking with each other. He's already getting comfortable with everyone. I mean, almost everyone, that's because it excludes me. I sighed inwardly. Why am I even worried about this anyway? This is such not a big deal. I groaned.

Our director entered our tent and called us.

"Prepare yourselves. Our shoot will begin in 5 minutes. First scene is the volleyball game." He said then immediately left.

I went to my mom and asked her to hand me my clothes that I need to wear for the scene.

"Mom, are you sure about these?" I asked her why holding up the clothes she picked for me.

"Of course, baby girl. What's the problem? You don't like it?" She asked, a little bit hurt.

I bit my lip, "Uhmm, no. I was just asking. Okay, I'm going to change now." I said then got inside the cubicle. I know my mom's doing her best to give me all the support she can give. And I praise her for that. I'm so thankful for all the time she's always giving me, but sometimes I just can't breathe. I also wanna live by myself you know. I wanna try to be independent even just for once. Not like this that she's always following me around. She should also have time for herself and for my dad and my siblings. I just feel that I'm stealing her away from them. She's acting like her world only revolves around me. And it's not healthy for her because she also has a life of her own.

I got out from the cubicle and looked down on my outfit. Yellow green above-the-knee leggings, Yellow and green off-shoulders blouse, colorful bangles, and a headband. I feel like a three-year-old. I murmured to myself then frowned.

"Hey, what's with the sour look?" Julia, who suddenly came out from nowhere, worriedly asked.

"I don't like my clothes." I pouted.

"What's wrong with your clothes? Aren't you used to that already? You're wearing that kind of style since time immemorial." She stated.

"That's the problem. I've been wearing these kind of clothes since I was a fetus. Can't you see how old I am now? I'm 15, for Christ's sake!" I frustratedly said.

She rolled her eyes then giggled, "Stop being exaggerated, Kath. You only started wearing that when you were six! A six year-old is not a fetus."

"Whatever! I still don't like these clothes!" I groaned.

"Why don't you just tell your mom that you don't like it? It's as easy as that. Stop making it complicated." She said.

"Easy for you to say. I don't wanna hurt her feelings." I sighed.

"But at least, try to be honest with her. I'm sure she'll understand." She said.

"I don't know." I softly answered.

"Stop being anxious. Your clothes are fine. Now come on, Director Lino's getting impatient." She patted my shoulder.

We went outside and approach our other co-stars. They were all listening to our director's instructions.