Chapter 1

Being a celebrity is not that easy. Sure, you are famous, you earn a lot, you can buy expensive things, got a lot of friends, and a lot more things you can possibly do. But, those great opportunities also come with huge disadvantages. You don't know how we feel everytime people judge or belittle us. It cost us emotional and mental pain. It feels like you just wanna give up and leave everything behind if these are the twins of your success. I always ask myself, Why am I even doing this? Do I need to continue this? Can I just give these all up? Those were just some of the questions I always ask myself for 15 years now. I wanna live a normal life. That's what I just want. But I realized, no matter how much you wanted a normal life, when you already started in this industry, normal life will be just a dream for you. All you have to do is accept the fact that you're already a public figure now and you can't please everyone. So all you have to do is just learn to act nonchalant and to not care about negative things at all. Focus on what's keeping you motivated.

I'm on my way to ABS-CBN with a cup of coffee in my hand. On my right side walking beside me is my mother and on my left is my personal assistant.

I have to undergo a go-see so that I'll know who's gonna be my new partner for my new TV series. I heard that the production staff made an audition just to get the perfect pair for me.

In my whole career, I've been with a lot of leading men already. But, all those pair-ups did not end up well. Who cares about loveteams anyway? Well, I don't. What matters more to me is to stay long in this industry. I've put a lot of effort on this just to get where I am now. And I'm already thankful for all the blessings that I'm getting. I can do this with or without having a partner. But since this is what the management want, then be it. I don't have the right to complain anyway.

I knocked twice on the conference room's door before slowly turning the doorknob. I was greeted with some pairs of familiar and unfamiliar eyes staring at me when I entered. A slight smile formed on my lips.

"Hi, Goodmorning everyone!" I chanted.

I heard a lot of people greeted me back.

I walked straight to a girl's direction and seated on the chair beside her.

"Hi Ate Juls! I missed you!" I said then enveloped her into a hug.

"Aww, I missed you too KitKat. It's like I have never seen you in years." She chuckled. Julia Montes has been my bestfriend for years. We treat each other like sisters since we are always together in almost every movie, mall shows, TV series, commercials and etcetera. I know some of the people think that we have rivalry or something, but they thought wrong. We're like twins if you ask me. We don't compete with each other, we help each other.

"Well, it feels like years since we bonded together. But that's gonna change after today." I grinned.

"Yeah, I'm so stoked the moment I knew that we'll be having a TV series together!" She squealed.

"Me too! But I also miss Ate Dimps though." I said then frowned.

"Yeah, me too. And also Albie and John. I miss those jerks." She said then laughed. Ate Dimps, Albie and John were our co-stars on our last show where Julia and I were the main cast. That was our first break in the acting industry. After that, everything went smooth in our career.

"Especially their stupid pranks and jokes. Remember when John put some chili on Albie's coffee? That was priceless!" I said then giggled.

"Yeah! Albie's face was funny! I practically wasted 1 hour of my break time to stop myself from laughing. I just can't stop." She laughed while reminiscing. I laughed along with her.

"John is such an ass. I think, instead of using his break time to rest, he's actually thinking of evil pranks for us."

"Well he's not John if he's not doing pranks. That's John for you." Julia shook her head.