Chapter 13

"Pot, can you hold this for a minute please?" I said as I gave him the toys Lelay bought in Enchanted Kingdom. The Baymax she was asking turned into a lot more of dolls and DIY toys.

Daniel's frowning the whole time we were in the mall. He doesn't like the fact that he became our personal caretaker of our shopping bags. I never heard him complain though. But he was poker-faced the whole time.

Lelay's sleeping in my arms. DJ was trying to get her from me but I refused because I didn't want to wake her up. While Magui was just behind us, busy typing on her cellular phone.

"DJ! Kath!" I heard someone shouted.

I looked back and saw Chie waving at us.

"Hi! Nice to see you! Who's with you?" I asked and gave her a cheek to cheek kiss. It was hard for me to hug her since I'm holding Lelay.

"I'm alone. Just went shopping! See!" She lifted up her shopping bags and glanced at DJ.

He wasn't paying attention to us. He was just watching people around.

"Hi DJ!" Chie tried to get his attention.

"Hi." He answered plainly. He just gave Chie a fleeting look and got back to what he was looking earlier. I saw his Adam's apple move.

My forehead creased.

"Bad mood?" Chie whispered to me and chuckled.

I shrugged, "Yeah.. He's been carrying our shopping bags for hours." I chuckled.

"Are you about to go home?" She asked but she's was only staring at DJ. I assumed that her question was only for him. But DJ didn't even answer.

"Ah yes, how about you?" I answered instead.

She removed her gaze from him and gave me a slight smile. "Same, but I'm gonna commute. I didn't bring my car, because my annoying brother used it."

"Oh, do you want to ride with us? Since your house is on the way.." I offered.

"Really? Isn't it too much of a hassle? True enough, its just near DJ's house. So yeah.. Sure! Thanks!" She answered cheerfully. Too cheerful though.

I smiled at her. I glanced at DJ, "Pot, let's go?"

He just nodded.

"Ate Kath, can you accompany me to the milk tea stand first? I want some milk tea." Magui requested.

"Oh, sure. Deej, why don't you go first? So that you can get the car in the parking lot and get the car already. Let's just meet at the exit. Bring Chie with you."

I saw DJ's jaw clenched.

"I'll just wait for you. Let's go together." He disagreed.

"No, go on. It would save us a lot of time. And so that you can also put all the bags in the trunk. I know you're tired of carrying them already." I encouraged him.

I can see that he wanted to protest but I just nodded at him. He sighed and walked fast towards the exit.

I shook my head, "I'm sorry Chie. Bad mood. You can just follow him. We'll just meet you in the exit." I gave her a wry smile.