Chapter 1

Let's just say, life fucking sucks. Not only is my entire family dead, to zombies, but now I'm out of food and water. Just great.

That's exactly what the zombies downstairs want! For me to wander on downstairs for some supplies and join their massive ranks as a food bowl as they chew me apart.

Now, you must be thinking, 'Ryan! Aren't you being a little too sarcastic? You're family just died! And now you're all alone!'

Well what the fuck else am I supposed to do? I can't exactly wallow in pain if I don't want to die. Avoiding reality might just be my best bet at the moment...

So dear diary, I have lived for another day. You may or may not see me tomorrow... we'll see.
~Ryan.

——————

Ryan closed his diary with a long and drawn out sigh, prepping the blue sleeping bag he had laid out on the ground. Unfortunately, his family of zombies currently took up the only three bedrooms in the house, of course with the doors boarded up. Only the living room and kitchen was free for Ryan to use, and with the couch currently filled with moldy blood splatters he much rather use a sleeping bag.

Unfortunately again, he lived in a very nice neighborhood next to a big elementary school, which meant twice the amount of zombies. Small zombies. Those are just terrifying.

Ryan climbed into his sleeping bag as he tried to calm his anxiety, thinking about his plans as he needed to travel outside tomorrow. Just thinking about it was making him queasy. He only had a small pistol his father had left behind after turning and a metal bat to protect himself, making the situation not exactly ideal. But he couldn't hold it off any longer, lest he starved to death.

Ryan tried to make himself comfortable as he gazed outside the large set of windows in his living room, the moon and stars in clear view now that the large city had lost power. Ryan thought he saw a shooting star prance through the sky, and half-heartedly made a wish. A clear wish of survival, and to one day find sanctuary.

After a few hours of fighting sleep Ryan's eyes finally started to feel drowsy, and he reminisced of the past as he drifted off to sleep. 'What a time to be alive.' He thought to himself.