Chapter 19

The ten days passed by in a blur, and their day of departure finally arrived. While the others loaded the car Gale stayed behind with Ryan to unwrap his wounds for the final time. The wounds had healed up nicely, almost too nicely. They had already scabbed over and finished healing, a few even unnoticeable. And the pain was completely gone.

     Ryan sighed as Gale finished unwrapping one of his legs, causing him to look up at Ryan. "What's bothering you?"

     "It's just... my wounds healed too quickly. I don't even have to wrap them up! I know you think the same. It should have taken way longer... how did it heal so quick?"

     Gale hesitated, also not knowing the answer to that question. He had been wandering the same thing since he first saw the wounds exelerated healing process. "I don't know. It might have something to do with your original bite though. We'll have to ask the doctors of paradise when we get there."

     Ryan nodded in response, lifting himself up as he followed Gale to the car. Harper volunteered to drive, and they all agreed as they piled into the car. Tyler took shotgun, Amber and Patrick sat in their normal seats, and Ryan and Gale sat comfortably in the very back.

     The others had already noticed Gale and Ryan's relationship, and embarrassingly offered their congratulations. Ryan was happy that none of them judged them on being gay, and felt a bit guilty that he had kept it from them for so long. He rested his head on Gale's shoulder, holding his hand as he drifted into a peaceful sleep, happiness overwhelming his as they drew closer to paradise.