Chapter 12

Gale watched as Ryan drifted to sleep, his head soon falling lightly to the side and landing on Gale's shoulder. Gale made sure not to move too much as he let Ryan sleep, looking out the window to the passing scenery outside. He felt a pair of eyes staring at him, making him shift his head uncomfortably as he met Amber, Patrick, and Harper's eyes.

     "He seems to really trust you." Harper said, knowing that he most likely wouldn't sleep against someone without a deep trust established between the two. Not with how defensive he was earlier.

     Gale smiled as he looked back down to his sleeping friend, and he seemed to get reminded of the earlier discussion as he gazed at his friend. He seemed to just now realize how pretty Ryan was, and couldn't help but think about Harper's words of how much he trusted him. He felt glad that Ryan was gay too. Gale felt his face grow beat red and he quicky looked out the window, trying to hide his embarrassing thoughts as he studied the night sky outside.

     He couldn't believe he had just thought that Ryan was pretty, and had a thought that he was glad that Ryan was gay. He shouldn't care if Ryan was gay or not, he should just support him as a friend, but now he was relieved because of his preference?

     Gale felt his thoughts consumed him as he started to feel tired himself, and soon fell asleep as well. Later on when he woke up he learned from Harper that his head had fallen against Ryan's, and that the two had slept peacefully cuddled together for the entire trip. Of course causing a blush from Gale that Harper didn't miss.