04 | ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɢᴇɴᴄʏ

FLUTTERING HIS EYES OPEN AFTER BEING UNCONSCIOUS, ATSUSHI RECALLED THE AMBUSH OF AKUTAGAWA

FLUTTERING HIS EYES OPEN AFTER BEING UNCONSCIOUS, ATSUSHI RECALLED THE AMBUSH OF AKUTAGAWA. EVEN when his leg was chopped off from his body by Akutagawa, he remembered it all. "So you're finally awake." The voice of a female he never would've thought would watch over him while unconscious. He turned to his right, seeing her be standing and leaning her back on the wall with her arms crossed on her chest.

He abruptly sat up, "Jun'icihro and Naomi..!" He exclaimed, earning a bewildered look from the woman beside them, "Miss Kaneko! W-We were ambushed by the mafia-! And they were injured! They were bleeding! H-How are they??"

"They're fine. Akiko is giving them medical treatment. She's taking care of Jun'ichiro right now as we speak." She answered bluntly, not giving him a glance, only staring at the wall in front of her. As she said that, the sound of Jun'ichiro's terrified screams mixed with moans in the room right next to where they are now.

Atsushi sweatdropped, "That's... medical treatment..?"

"I see you're awake. Glad to see you're doing alright now." Atsushi looked up, only to see Kunikida who had just walked into the room with his notebook of ideals in hand. "Mr. Kunikida..." He mumbled.

"I heard a rumor." The dirty-blonde-haired male mentioned, "There's a bounty for your head on the black market. It may be as high as seven billion yen by now. No wonder the Port Mafia wants to get their hands on you."

"...Seven billion yen..?" He queried with a frightened tone.

Misuzu hummed, nodding, "Akutagawa said it himself. Someone placed a bounty on you. And now the Mafia is hunting you down. They aren't one to give that up so easily." She confirmed. Atsushi suddenly tensed up, "W-What should I do?? The mafia might attack the agency at any time-!! Why me? Why me? Why me??" He cried out.

"Stop panicking." Kunikida called out, not keeping his eyes off of his notebook, "It's true that the Port Mafia are extremely violent, but you must keep your cool. Otherwise, you could wind up dead. Not that I care."

A deadpanned expression formed on Atsushi's face, "Um... Uh... I think your notebook's... upside down." He pointed out.

Kunikida irked and his face darkened in embarrassment. He silently closed his notebook, slowly walking towards the teen that was lying on the bed. Taking a deep breath before speaking, "I AM NOT LOSING MY COOL OVE THE MAFIA!!" He yelled. The colors from the poor teen's face drained, "I'd beat them back even if they attack this very second! I'd punch and whack! And chip and chop!" He riled, doing some uncoordinated attack moves, punching and slapping the air as he kept letting out a battle cry.