05 | ᴘʀᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴘᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇꜱ

"NEKO-CHAAANN~~"

"NEKO-CHAAANN~~"

"Oh boy..." Misuzu sighed, knowing whose voice that belonged to. He's not even through the door and yet she can already hear him. "Three, two, one―" The door was quickly slammed open, showing an excited Dazai and two other members of the agency (Ranpo and Atsushi) following him from behind. They had probably just returned from Ranpo's mission and somehow Dazai was with them now.

"I no longer have any interest in committing suicide alone~" He said, skipping like a little child over to the black-haired woman. Misuzu tilted her head, "Oh? That doesn't sound like you at all. Osamu Dazai, not wanting to commit suicide." She suspiciously raised an eyebrow at him, "There's a twist here, isn't there?"

Dazai grinned, "Committing suicide alone is so passe these days. And so, I've come to the decision of committing double suicide with a beautiful woman!" He exclaimed excitedly. The woman huffed, "Of course you are." She crossed her arms on her chest, "So... why are you telling me this exactly?"

The brunette grabbed both her hands in his. Misuzu could swear that the shape of his eyes was slowly transforming into hearts, "Misuzu-san, the most beautiful lady that I've known for a long time. Strong, kind, lovely, courageous, and an inspiration to every being. Would you care to join me on a double―"

"No."

"...suicide..." He immediately froze in place, a shiver running up his entire body. "I... I-I haven't even finished." He sulked, sinking down to the ground in despair until his face was planted on the floor. Atsushi sweatdropped as he watched the brunette act like a child, still trying to figure out how the two were even former partners.

"I've known you for a long time, Osamu. Your charms aren't going to work on me." Misuzu sighed, crossing her arms at him before turning to Ranpo, "So, how was the case, Ranpo?"

"Easy as cake. I even got to prove the police wrong! Man, it was really satisfying. You should've been there, Mi-chan!" He exclaimed, walking over to the girl and handing her a bag of pastries that he had just brought. Misuzu tilted her head, "What's this for?"

"Nothing. You missed out on a fun adventure with me today. I thought some sweets would bring the experience to you!"

The female was at loss for words, but soon then chuckled, "Thank you, Ranpo. I appreciate it." She smiled, walking over to the male. Meanwhile, Atsushi headed over to Dazai, bending down to see if he was still doing okay.