13 | ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ

WITH THE MORNING RAYS OF SUNLIGHT SHINING FROM HER WINDOW, MISUZU'S FACE SCRUNCHED UP UPON FEELING THE light rays hit her face

WITH THE MORNING RAYS OF SUNLIGHT SHINING FROM HER WINDOW, MISUZU'S FACE SCRUNCHED UP UPON FEELING THE light rays hit her face. Fluttering her eyes, she tiredly sat up on her bed, releasing a yawn from her mouth. Stretching, she walked to her mirror to look at herself - quickly noticing that she was still in her clothes from yesterday and her makeup was still covering her face. What happened yesterday again? Oh, wait, that's right. She had to infiltrate the Port Mafia and then unintentionally met with Chuuya. Then just last night, she confronted Dazai about it.

Misuzu felt discouraged about going to work today. She wasn't the kind to suddenly miss a workday without planning it, this circumstance was different for her. Grabbing her phone from her vanity, she texted Kunikida about her taking a sick day and not going to work. She was still facing the aftermath of the emotional and physical stress and obstacles she had to go through.

Honestly, what she wants to do for today after the rollercoaster of emotions she had to deal with yesterday is just probably go to the spa and relax. Or presumably lay down in bed and wallow in self-pity with a bowl of ice cream and drown herself in snacks and sweets while watching some angsty movie or reading some star-crossed lovers book. She's an adult, but she's still somewhat a teenager at heart. How can she not act that way? Her childhood had been robbed by all the killing and missions after all.

As she took off her top, leaving her wearing her bra. She glanced at herself in the mirror as she spotted a mild visible bruise on her shoulders. Misuzu pursed her lips upon remembering his grip on her shoulders during her infiltration. Her entire body was mostly covered in bruises, aftermaths of bloodied wounds, and scars. They haven't disappeared, even if they've been there for years.

Due to her condition of being underweight, not only was she somewhat short when it comes to height (3 cm shorter than Chuuya), but her raw strength and durability were that of much of a seven-year-old. Her ability relies much on her energy. But that too was insufficient upon having an unhealthy body like hers; thus the need for energy pills. Without it, it was possible for her to pass out unknowingly, or maybe even end her life if pushed to her extreme limit.

Misuzu's special ability grants her the power to increase her strength if she so wishes, that was how she was able to continue on her job. The few things she only found useful with a body like hers were her skills in speed and stealth. Because of that, she relies on special weapons like her Golden Thorns which were injected with an immobilization technique that prohibits those who receive a scratch from one of the thorns to move. One won't even be able to speak if it happens. Unfortunately, only one of the thorns has that capability.