14 𝖄𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗|𝐊𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐮|

14 years older

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

"Can't I use my shadow clones for this?" Naruto whined.

"No," Kakashi replied decisively.

"But there's soooo much paperwork," the newly minted Hokage pouted, prodding at the stacks of paperwork on the Hokage table.

"No buts," Kakashi snapped. "Remember that agreement your clone signed and forgot all about during your Hokage training?"

Naruto winced at the reminder. Her clone had signed off a trade agreement that was mistakenly placed in the unimportant pile, and the memory of it was lost in the dispersion of multiple paperwork-tackling clones. The result had been a very irate merchant guild when they were left uninformed of a new merchant trader in Konoha that crippled the workings of Konoha economy as long established merchants refused to trade until their anger is appeased. Needless to say, Kakashi as the then Hokage was forced into hours-long meetings with the civilian council and merchant guild until they finally finally solved the issue, while Naruto bumbled around trying to atone for her mistake.

"It was just that one time," she complained, knowing full well that it was because Kakashi had reluctantly banned her from tackling his paperwork from then on, to prevent the risk of her committing such a mistake again, which only adds to his never ending responsibility.

Kakashi eyed his successor and ex-student in front of him. taking in the slump of her shoulders and the petulant pout on her face as she gazed despairingly at the towering stacks of paperwork in front of her. He sighed. "Tell you what, I'll help you with some of these paperwork, but only if you promise me that you will go through them properly without the help of clones and without slacking off."

Naruto pondered pensively at the proposition. "Would you treat me to ramen too?" she asked hopefully.

Kakashi merely eye-smiled at her. "That'll depends on how well you behave."

In response, the new Hokage broke out into a face-splitting grin and an excited yell of, "You're the best, Kakashi-sensei! What would I ever do without you!" before tackling her piles of paperwork with gusto, the thought of free ramen being her sole motivation.

Meanwhile, Kakashi shook his head slightly with a small smile at his ex-student's antics and helped her in the piles of paper that is dubbed the bane of all Hokage's existence across the elemental countries.

...

"Neh Kakashi-sensei, why do you still help me with my paperwork?" Naruto wondered out loud one day. 6 months into her Hokage's reign, Naruto still finds Kakashi in her office everyday helping her with her paperwork or buying Ichiraku for her when she's feeling particularly unmotivated (which is almost all the time). Of course, Kakashi is also there to catch her each time she tries to slack off but that's not the point.

Kakashi didn't even look up from the scroll he was reading through before responding with a lazy drawl. "If you don't want me to help, you just have to say so, Naruto."

"That's not what I meant!" Naruto exclaimed, eyes wide and slightly panicked that Kakashi might leave her alone to her paperwork because of her stupid mouth. "It's just that you are here everyday and I just wonder if there are other places you have to be."

"I'm retired, Naruto. I have no places to be. Doing paperwork seems more useful than doing anything else and I do have the security clearance for it." A smirk on the lips and Kakashi added teasingly, "Besides I have to see my cute little genin-chan being hardworking in order to believe it."