𝕷𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖑𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖉|𝐊𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐮|

Summary:

Naruto is totally not glaring at Hanare, because she is a good-tempered person who does not glare at people for no reason. Granted, the way the other woman is practically throwing herself at Kakashi is reason enough.

Sakura is so done with her oblivious teammates, Sasuke wants no part in this, and Kakashi has some sort of selective-blindness affliction that only kicks in when Naruto’s being particularly obvious about her ‘secret’ crush on him.

Or: Hanare does what Konoha has failed to do for so long. If she has to play the bad guy for it... well, she always was a good actress.

Naruto’s [undying] love for minor crush on Kakashi was an open secret in Konoha. Nobody discussed it, because the poor dear liked to think she was subtle.

She was about as subtle as a brick through a plate-glass window.

Now, you might think that’s the kind thing to do seeing as it’s just some silly unrequited crush. But that’s the funniest part (or the most infuriating, depending on who you talk to). The crush is actually so obviously requited it’s a wonder they haven’t won the world record for simping yet.

The only two people in Konoha who managed to remain miraculously oblivious to this were Naruto, obviously, and Kakashi himself.

Anyway, anyone who spent more than five minutes in the company of Naruto knew it, because chances were that Kakashi was there too. You’d almost never find one without the other- except maybe in the bathroom, but there was that one rumour…

They practically constantly shot each other adoring looks when they thought the other wasn’t looking (really, they weren’t, because they were so damn stupid) and always flirting with their eyes.

Now, here was where their mutual idiocy kicked in. The flirting was very one-sided, on both sides. It was like they were holding a conversation in two different languages, and neither party had any idea what the other was saying.

Teuchi nearly upended a bowl of ramen on them once. He didn’t, because they left the stall soon after, but it was a near miss.

Hanare was in Konoha for a few days, having come to congratulate Kakashi on his ascension to Hokage, and visit the group again for her vacation.

It took her an approximate of thirty seconds of being in Konoha to figure out what was going on, primarily because she nearly ran into Kakashi and Naruto being weirdly awkward and somehow not realising the awkwardness.

Naruto was blushing up a storm, and Kakashi’s mask was pulled all the way up to his eyes to cover what were, no doubt, stained cheeks. The tips of his ears were glowing red, though, and that was enough of a giveaway. They were discussing something, and talking in rapid-fire plant lingo. Somewhere in the middle, “Ukki-san” was interspersed with talk about leaves and ideal watering intervals, and something about repotting. A gardener, perhaps, though she had no idea why they would be discussing him.

Trailing behind them was Sakura, who looked to be getting progressively more agitated, and Sasuke, who looked like he would rather be literally anywhere else.

Hanare giggled slightly. They really had all grown up.

That caught the attention of the group, who all looked at her simultaneously.

“Hanare-san!” Sakura greeted.

“Ahh, Sakura-chan.” Hanare smiled, “It’s been a while! How have you all been?”

“Good, and you?” Sakura asked.

Sasuke crossed his arms, as if to remind them that he was there, or to remind them that he did not want to be there.