𝕳𝖔𝖎𝖐𝖊𝖓|𝐤𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐮|

Daddy! I want her to be my new mommy!"

Kakashi didn't know what to say. His single exposed eye widened, not giving a glance at the child attacking his pants, but staring back into mesmerizing blue and equally shocked eyes.

"Ehehehehe," the owner of those hypnotic blue eyes laughed nervously, her arm reaching back to scratch her neck out of some nervous habit. "I—I can't be your mommy, Kyōhei-chan! Th-That's impossible!"

"But…but Naruto-sensei!" Kyōhei whined to his blonde caretaker as he stomped the ground beneath his feet in protest.

What a weird name, Naruto. Kakashi thought, quietly observing his son's conversation with the daycare lady all the while taking in all of her exotic appearances. Golden blonde hair tied up in a ponytail threatening to unravel with baby strands sticking out in every direction. Paint in all sorts of colors splattered in places that the work apron should have prevented (Kakashi resisted the sudden urge to wipe at the dark green paint left on the woman's oddly marked cheeks). Tired but bright blue eyes twinkle and despair as they concentrate on the littlest Hatake. Tan skin…was a rarity even in this large city. I've never seen my brat act like this before.

"Are you new?" Kakashi interrupted the conversation, curiosity increasing as he observed the young woman.

"Ah! I am!" The woman perked up, a grin slowly stretching across her face. "I'm Uzumaki Naruto! Just started today! And I'm guessing you're Kyōhei-chan's father?"

"Hatake Kakashi."

"It's nice to meet you!" For some weird reason, Kakashi felt light-headed as Naruto smiled softly at him. People have said that you shouldn't stare directly into the sun. How interesting…

"Naruto-sensei!" Kyōhei demanded the young woman's attention. Both of the adults turned back to the 5-year-old whose scarf was seconds from falling off with all the excess movements. "Be my mommy!"

Naruto gave the little silver-haired boy an apologetic look, "I really can't be your mommy, Kyōhei-chan. That would hurt your real mommy's feelings."

"NO! I don't have a mommy! I want you to be my mommy!" Kyōhei stomped his feet harder in anger, his scarf barely hanging on now.

Naruto backed up in shock, her eyes automatically meeting Kakashi's in question with a slight hint of desperation. Help!

"Kyōhei's mom…left us when he was only two," Kakashi explained his eye softening as he gazed down at his upset son. He didn't realize that that woman's departure still affect the boy so much. Still, Kakashi didn't see a need to keep such information a secret. It wasn't like the whole city didn't know. The big scandal of Konoha. Of the Hatake family. Uzumaki-san would have found out eventually anyways.

"Oh," Naruto didn't want to pry any further. She looked back down at the child. "I'm really sorry, Kyōhei-chan. I just…I really can't."

Kyōhei's eyes started to water and Naruto began to panic as the pooling tears were on the verge of spilling. She didn't want to make the kid cry, but she couldn't just agree to his ridiculous demand.

"One date."

"What?" Naruto was taken aback by surprise. When she asked Hatake senior for help through silent pleading…that was not what she had expected.

"Just one date or...an outing," Kakashi repeated himself. "Just to satisfy my crazy kid."

"I…uh," Naruto made the mistake of looking down at the puppy eyes directed at her with full power from the unfairly cute Hatake boy. "Alright…one date."

"YAY!" Kyōhei released his hold on his father's pants to tackle Naruto's leg in a tight hug. Naruto's eyes softened as she returned the little boy's embrace.