𝕵𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖉|𝐒𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐮|

made by: Deceptive lies
summary:

When Naruto is told that she has only two months to get married, or risk losing her chance to be Hokage, she's completely furious, and confused. After all, who will she find to marry in such short time? Thankfully, her secret best friend Sasuke is in pretty much the same boat ..

_____
chapter 1

What?" That was the only word that could be uttered by the shell-shocked Naruto, as she stood in her father's office.

"I'm sorry Naruto, I really am. I tried everything to overturn their decision, but it's out of my hands." Minato told his daughter with a grimace. Standing to the side was a strangely reserved Kushina. She had argued for hours against the council, but to no avail.

"So let me get this straight, unless I marry within the next two months, I can't be a Hokage candidate?" Naruto asked, beyond shocked.

"Well, not exactly."

"Then what? What is going on? Why did the council decide to this?!"

"Naruto, you have declined marriage proposal after marriage proposal, each and every one of which would have strengthened our ties with foreign nations, and or brought more income and peace to the village. As the daughter of the Hokage, you have a chance to make some really big changes, if married to the right family. However, your refusals keep hindering it. The council is sick of it, and demand that you be wed within the next two months." Minato explained.

"But-but-but, they can't do that! I refuse!" Naruto exclaimed in anger.

"I know sweetie, but the fact of the matter is, they can. Even being the Hokage's daughter won't change that. You could always refuse, your mother and I would never hold it against you, but as you know, it's the council that chooses the Hokage candidates, and it is wise to be in their good favor."

"But marriage?! I can't get married, I still have so much I want to do in my life! And I especially don't want to get married to some foreign ninja. How will I be Hokage if I live in another village?" Naruto ranted.

"I know Naru-chan, trust me, I know. And I hate to do this to you, my very own daughter, but I suggest you take some time to think about it, really consider all of your options."

Disheartened, and with a frown that stretched for miles, Naruto looked at her father, only to find unshed tears in his eyes. "Thanks dad. Just so you know, while this situation is horrible, I don't blame you or mom. I know you guys did the best you could."

"We love you Naruto." Said Kushina with a bitter smile on her face.

Exiting the room, Naruto headed straight for Ichiraku, she had some thinking to do.Old man Ichiraku was used to seeing his favorite customer on a daily basis, but never once, in the last 18 years, has he ever seen her so depressed. The frown was prevalent on her face as she used her chopsticks to absent-mindedly stir the Raman.

"Naruto? Are you ok?" He asked, worried for her health.

"I need some sake. Now." Naruto practically demanded, with a stubborn look on her face. Surprised, but willing to do anything to help his favorite blond, he poured her a cup of sake, and watched as Naruto downed it faster than humanly possible.

Naruto was having a strange dilemma. Either she married some random stranger, or ruin her chances of ever becoming Hokage. Becoming Hokage was all she had ever dreamed about, ever since she was a child, and would spend all her days in her fathers office. She had worked hard her entire life to make that dream come true, yet here she was at the ripe age of 18, and forced to make the hardest decision of her life: marriage to some random guy she will probably hate, or crushing her dreams?