Finally A Race

Alexa's POV
Thankfully I find a street race. I park my car there and everyone looks at me.

??? : Well hello, hello, hello. What do we have here?

I turn around and I see a guy staring at me up and down so I roll my eyes.

Alexa: Are you referring to me or the car?

??? : To you babe. The car won't even make it to the finish line.

Alexa: You are underestimating it.

??? : Wanna prove me wrong? Cmon, let's race.

Alexa: What does the winner get?

??? : Two grand

Alexa: I don't have money on me right now so I suggest something else. Car for car. What do you say?

??? : Deal.

Another guy comes and stands next to me.

?? : I don't want to ruin this for you sweetheart but you have to know that his car is the fastest one in Chicago. You can't imagine what's under the hood of his car.

Alexa: I believe he knows it doesn't matter what's under a hood. The only thing that matters is who's behind the wheel.

We shake hands and we turn to our cars. I open my car's hood and check on the engine. I change it a bit so I can run a little faster and then I get in. We drive to the starting line. I look at him and he looks back. Then I look at the road and I look at a girl in the middle.

Girl: Are your ready?

She points to the guy.

Girl: I know you are ready.

She points at me.

Girl : Set...Go!

We drive off and he is on the lead. He is a few meters in front of me but I try my best to keep up. When he sees that I'm close enough, he tries to turn me over but I can control my car. He then bumps me hard so I spin a bit. The back of my car is looking towards the finish line so I drive backwards. He gets faster and faster but I change gear and take the lead right before he crosses the finish line. I get out of my car and everyone is cheering. He gets out too and hands me the keys of his car.

??? : My car is yours now.

I look at the keys and then him.

Alexa: You can keep your car.

I hand him his keys and he smiles. Then suddenly someone yells.

?? : Cops! We got cops!

We all run to our cars and drive away. While I'm driving I'm thinking. I missed this. The adrenaline. The speed. But my thinking is stopped by a police siren. I look at the mirror and see a police car after me. I get to the highway and I manage to escape. I get to Matt's house and park outside. I get inside and lay on my bed. I feel so tired. After a while I fall asleep.

Next day I wake up and walk in the kitchen. There is Gabby, Matt and Kelly.

Alexa: Morning

I say as I run my hand through my hair. At the same moment I hear everyone say "Good Morning".

Matt: Um Alexa...

Alexa : Yeah?

Matt: Did you drive my car last night?

Alexa: Um .. Yeah. But only to come here.

Matt: Did you crash it?

They all look at me with a questioning look. Then I remember the other guy's car hitting mine.