No Escape

Alexa's POV
My eyes slowly open and I straighten my head as I feel my body sore and tired. I look around trying to find out where I am. But it's too difficult as my vision is still blurry. I try to frown but I feel something dried on my forehead. I want to touch it but then it's when I realize that I'm tied up on a chair.

I roll my eyes at the memory of me being tied up several times, and not just the times I've mentioned. Even more. You see, I'm and easy and profitable target.

I try to free myself but it's hard, and then someone walks in from behind. I can't see who it is but I can hear footsteps. I hear a male voice talking to someone else.

?? : She's awake.

"So? What are you gonna do about it?"
I think in my head.

Then suddenly, a blindfold comes around my eyes, blocking my eyesight. I move my head as I get a bit scared cause, I have no view of what's happening. The footsteps get a bit further but they stop. I think the person sits on a chair or somewhere, and I can feel that his eyes are on me, all the time. I hear him click his tongue and sigh.

?? : Hello Alexa.

I move my head at the sound of his voice. It sounds familiar, but I can't tell who it is.

?? : Tell me. Where are your friends?

I stay silent as I don't want to tell him the truth. Then I hear his chair being dragged closer to me and him sitting in front of me.

?? : If you want to live, you'll tell me everything.

I take a deep breath and let it out.

Alexa: I want to use the bathroom.

He laughs and I hear him get up.

??:You know, i think this will be an experiment. See how much you can hold.

I roll my eyes behind the blind fold and I think it's time to show him who Alexa Marshall really is.

Alexa: Then you'll die from old age.

?? : Oh, there she is! There is the Alexa I know.

I frown at his comment and straighten my body.

?? : Now you'll be wondering. Who am I? Right? Well let me tell you that we've met before. In a not so good way. But I'm not gonna tell you now who I am. First I'll tell you that I know you for a long time. I know about you and everything about your past. Dom, Mia, Brian and everyone else. I was surprised when you found out you have a brother. I know that your friends left you in LA and that you couldn't go find them because two agents stopped you. I even know that you never cry Alexa. But still you did cry when your mom died. For the first time.

How the hell does he know all this stuff about me? I just want to take off the blindfold and face him but I can't.

?? :I think it's the city. Chicago. It made you weak. You are weak Alexa.

Alexa: Cut me loose and we'll see who's weaker.

He laughs again and I hear his footsteps fading away.

?? :I can't wait for our next conversation Alexa. I think it will be fun.

Then he opens a door and walks out.

*************************

I feel my body sore and tired. I try to fall asleep but nobody can get comfortable on a chair. Suddenly when my eyes are almost closing, a door bangs open and someone walks in.

?? : How is your chair? Comfy?

Alexa: Yeah, one of the best chairs. Where did you get it from? I would like to buy one.

I reply sarcastically

Alexa:Are you kidding me? You think I'll break by leaving me here for hours?

?? : Not now, but eventually yeah.

Alexa: Then you'll be wasting your time.

?? : Cmon Alexa, we're family. You know me. You might not remember me but you do know me. We were great friends. We could have been lovers but no, you were with Dom.

I straighten my body as I frown.

Alexa: Wait, ho-?

Then I realize it. I widen my eyes behind the blindfold and my heart starts pounding.

Alexa: Oh my God... G-Gabe?

Then, two fingers grab the blindfold and slowly take it away. I close my eyes till the blindfold is off and when I open them, I face the same person that we spent a lot of time together and shared all of our secrets and everything stupid we did. But something has changed. He's not the boy he used to be. In front of me, I have a man who's hurt and will do whatever it takes to get his revenge.

*********************

By the way, this is Gabe 👇