Tough Past (Part 1)

Alexa's POV
4 years ago
(Alexa is 17 years old)

It's just a normal day and me and Dom are working on a car at the Garage. Jessie is in the office working on something and Gabe and Vince are out to get some more supplies.

Dom: Can you grab the wrench?

Alexa: Can I or should I?

Dom: What?

He frowns and looks at me.

Alexa: Ignore me. I just wanted to say it.

He smiles and I hand him the wrench as I smile back.

Dom: Go and see if it turns on.

I nod and head to the driver's seat as I give a look at the car. It a dark green Nissan.

I really love this car, and I wish it could be mine. Actually, I love every car in the universe.

I never had my own car since I learned how to drive five years ago. I always took somebody's else's.

I sit inside, turn the engine on and it starts. I smile and get back outside.

Alexa : Good job.

Dom: Well, you did help.

Alexa: Aww, thanks.

I look at the car.

Alexa: I really wish I could have my own.

Dom :Who says you don't?

I raise my one eyebrow and look at him. Dom gives a look at the outside of the garage and smiles.

Dom: And you mentioned it just in time.

I turn my head and I see Vince and Gabe smiling at me. Dom takes my hand and he leads me outside. There, a truck is waiting for me that carries a Dodge Challenger painted in my favorite color. Dark red. I scream in excitement and put my hands over my mouth.

Alexa:Oh my God! That's mine?

Gabe: No it's Jessie's. What do you think?

Dom: Yeah, you thought that we were gonna let you drive some old crappy cars? This is a brand new one, and you deserve it.

I smile and hug each one of them.

Alexa: Thank you guys.

I head to the driver's seat and when I sit inside, I move my hands on the wheel and the seats. I turn the engine on and when I hear it roar I bite my lower lip and scream in silence. I open the window and Dom leans and looks at me.

Dom: Why don't you take it for a ride?

I nod and the car starts moving. I leave the garage and drive through the streets of LA. Some people say that when they get a new car, they are very careful of it. Well, I believe that if your fate says that you gonna crush then it doesn't matter. But today it doesn't say it, so I accelerate the car and drive past other cars. From the open windows, a warm air hits me and I just love the feeling.

I drive back at the Garage and park my car outside. I get out and run to Dom.

Alexa: This car is amazing. And it runs fast

Dom: Always the best for you.

I smile and kiss him on the lips. When we break apart, he puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk inside.

**************************

We are in the house and we are all in the living room watching TV. Me and Dom are sitting on the armchair while the other sit on the floor or the couch.

Alexa: Gonna make some popcorn. Be right back.

They all respond with a yes and I head to the kitchen. When I put the popcorn in the microwave, Gabe comes in and opens the fridge to get two Corona beers.

Gabe: So, you like the car?

Alexa: Oh yeah, it amazing. I can't wait for tomorrow to come, so I can drive again.

He laughs a bit and then he looks at me with a smile. I notice that he is staring at me so I frown and smile.

Alexa: What is it?

When I speak, he snaps out of his thoughts and shakes his head.

Gabe:Nothing, it's nothing.

He turns to leave but I stop him by grabbing his hand.

Alexa: Hey, talk to me. What's wrong?

A smile appears on his face and he stays silent.

Alexa : Cmon, you can tell me everything we're like a family, you know that.

The smile then, disappears like I said something insulting or annoying so I frown. He lets down the beers and runs a hand through his hair.

Gabe: I only wish we weren't just friends.

I widen my eyes and straighten my head.

Alexa: Oh, Gabe...

I say as I close my eyes and shake my head, realizing it better.

Gabe: Just, forget I said it.

Alexa:No, no. It's OK you said it. Now we both know what.... Is.. going on.

I try to avoid his eyes but then I look at them. He looks me back but says nothing. He just clenches his jaw. Then, in all of a sudden, he walks towards me and presses his lips against mine. I widen my eyes and I push him away from me. He looks at me and i realize that I still have my hand on his chest. I move away and I move a tuft out of my face as I avoid his gaze. Then I cross my hands in front of me.

Alexa : You should go.

Gabe: Alexa...

Alexa: Go!

My voice is clear. He understands my tone and he turns around to leave. But then he freezes at his spot and I look at what he's looking at. A fourteen year old Mia is looking at us with wide eyes. Gabe walks past her and leaves and then I turn to the girl.

Alexa: Mia...

She looks at me in a questioning look. I walk to her and I put my hands on the shoulders of the girl that is not much shorter than me.

Alexa: That, was nothing. Promise me you won't tell anyone. Ever.

She nods and smiles.

Mia: You can count on me.

I smile back.

Alexa: Now, let's get these beers and popcorn to the guys.

She nods and I open the fridge to get more beers. Then we head back in the living room. When we get there I raise the beers on the air and everyone looks at me.

Alexa: Got the beers!

They all respond with a "Hooray!" and they grab from one beer. I sit back on my seat and give a kiss to Dom.

Dom: Where did Gabe go?

Alexa: Don't ask me. I have no idea.

I say right before I take a sip from my beer.