67

Hermione walked out of the office, feeling that she nailed the interview but still nervous since he kept shooting glances at her stomach. She walked out just as Arthur and the Healer stood up from their seats. 

"How do you think you did?" Arthur asked her. 

"I think pretty good... but I think he's a bit worried since I'm pregnant." Hermione admitted to them. The Healer gently patted her back. 

"Well... what can you do-- bed time," The Healer said while motioning for Hermione towards the lifts. She knew she was stressing the Healer enough so Hermione willingly made her way back to the lifts with Arthur and the Healer behind her making sure she was being taken care of. The lifts opened just in time as the three of them made their way inside and the doors shut behind them. While they were going up, Hermione noticed this sharp jag in her lower back and belly. She shook it off, thinking it was just the babies kicking her or something along those lines. The lift soon paused as the doors opened to reveal Lucius and Draco standing in front. Draco shook his head as a silent 'hi' while they entered into the lift. 

Again it was all silent until Draco began making small talk: 

"So how was your interview?" Draco asked Hermione. 

"It was good, yours?" Hermione said. 

"I believe so. I think I locked it in and I'm sure as hell you did with your interview." Draco admitted to her. Hermione shot a few glances in search of that old little blonde headed boy that wouldn't hesitate in calling her a 'filthy, little Mudblood' but it was no where to be seen. However, Lucius sure as hell didn't change. 

"Don't be so sure of that, Draco." Lucius mumbled underneath his breath but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear it. 

"And why's that, Lucius?" Arthur asked Lucius, fury clearly in his tone. 

"Just look at her. She's pregnant-- with triplets-- and her due date is near. Do you really think they're going to hire someone who is about to go into labor sooner than she is ready to do the job?" Lucius said to Arthur. It was then just as the bell rung to the next floor when Arthur threw the first punch at Lucius as the two of them tumbled out of the lift, causing those who were waiting for the lift to back away from them to avoid being hit by the two. 

"OH! Stop it! The both of you, acting like mere pups! Knock that off!" The Healer said while she was rushing after the two of them. Hermione and Draco stayed in the lift, watching far away as the two men kept throwing punches at each other. Then the doors shut on them as the lift proceeded upward. Hermione and Draco kept to their respectable corners of the lift, trying to keep their focus on themselves... until the lift suddenly came to a jolt that nearly cause the both of them to fall to the floor and the bright yellow light was replaced with a crimson one that silently told them they were stuck.