Chapter 28: The Three Armies

We were days away from the invasion, but today was the day Tritonio's Merry bands crew and Captain Beatrix's Toad army were supposed to officially join the resistance

All chattering

Sasha: Listen up, Our spies tell us that Andrias plans to invade Earth in just a few days.

Sasha: So, it's time for our rebellion to mobilize!

All cheering

Polly: Oh, yeah!

Captain Grime: We ready!

Wally: Whoo-hoo!

Hop Pop and Talia al Ghul: Whoo!

Anne: Which means it's time to meet up with our newt and toad allies.

Anne: Whoo!

[Cricket chirping]

He coughing

Wally: Did you say newts and toads coming here to work with us?

Deathstroke: Yeah.

Deathstroke: What's the problem?

Hop Pop: Historically, frogs, newts, and toads haven't really gotten...

Captain Grime: What Hop Pop is trying to say is that things will be tense.

Sub-Zero: But, Duckweed's a newt, Toadstool's a toad, and you two have been happily living in Wartwood for years.

Albus Duckweed: Eh, define "happily."

Mayor Toadstool: That's definitely had it's bumps.

Sasha: I don't believe this.

Sasha: You're telling me we spent all this time building this giant army, and there's a chance you won't work together?

Talia al Ghul: We're just saying there's an extremely high possibility of that, yes.

They groans

Anne: Cheer up, Sash and Deathstroke.

Anne: You're forgetting that Sub-Zero and I happen to be excellent at brokering peace between feuding factions.

Deathstroke: I...

Deathstroke: Whaaaat...

Sub-Zero: We are?

Anne: Hello? We brought the track team and band geeks together that one time to put on the school dance.

Anne: Only award I've ever gotten at least.

Sasha: Oh, yeah. 

Sasha: By pointing out they both value proper lung control.

Anne: Getting these guys together will be a cinch, Sash and Deathstroke. You'll see.

Anne: We just gotta find those connection points.

Sasha: You better be right. We don't have much time and a lot is riding on this.

Toadie: Madame Generals!

Toadie: They're here!

Anne, Sasha, Sub-Zero and Deathstroke went outside to greet the armies

Sasha: Beatrix, Tritonio, welcome.

Captain Beatrix: Enough pleasantries!

Captain Beatrix: I agree to fight alongside you frogs, but I draw the line at newts. 

Captain Beatrix: They'll steal your swords and then stab you in the back with it!

Tritonio: Only because you toads are too slow.