Chapter 3

Pain racked my body and I knew that it was time. I had found a den before snow fell and it was large enough and had two compartments, so that I could give birth away from the pup who kept following me. I get comfortable letting nature bring two pups to me, a little girl and boy. I lick them clean as they snuggle close to me, suckling. Two perfect black-ish balls of fur. Their tiny sounds satisfies a part of me enough that I give in to rest when suddenly something stirs at the front of the den. I growl, barely getting to my feet when a brown wolf revealed himself.

The beast was a lovely chocolate brown, frosted tips of grey and white due to his age. I still held my ground though pain nearly caused me to buckle. He tilted his head and eyed my pups and I snarled stepping closer, baring my fangs. He lowered his head, respecting me but he was still curious, you could read concern through his eyes.

"Name, she-wolf?" He sat and waited.

I thought about the question and growled. I didn't have a name. "Her wolf must be covering up her past! But why would she be in tune to me!"

"I'm right here," I growled.

"Where'd you come from?"

Unwillingly I replied, "I don't know! It was warmer than it is here!" I sighed and he chortled.

"I'm going to do something, it won't hurt you, it will actually feel really good!" The air around him vibrated and seemed to lose focus for a split second before pleasure rushed through me.

I cried out and the pups yipped nervously. I squeeze my eyes shut and something hot and rough brushed against my cheek. I opened my eyes and a dark furless wolf stood before me. I yelped but when I tried to scurry away, I was long limbed and uncoordinated.

"What did you do you me?" I lifted my paws, long and fleshy. I was ugly!

"You don't remember?" He asked and I looked at him with disbelief. "You are a werewolf!"

I stared at my hands. "What does that mean?"

"I can't understand all of what you say when you aren't using your voice!" He sighed and I swallowed.

"Voice?" There was a high pitched vibration ringing through the air and I cupped my ears whimpering.

"You are part human!" He reached to pull my hands away and I growled, my canines extended. "And a new mother at that! Come with me, I can check you out at the clinic!"

"I... Change me back!" I shiver and he sighed.

"You haven't healed..."

"Change me back!" I growled and he let the air shimmer and I was back to myself, a creamy white with flakes of red and brown.

I sighed and growled at the intruder. "Leave!" I barked and he changed into the furry beast and ran out.