Chapter 18

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is cameron's father Gabriel! Yes, after the Angel, no I'm not very religious! Opinions... Umm, yeah, I really don't care!!! I'm so busy and he isn't going to be a very important character! So yeah!!!

I lay in wolf form, taking in the suns rays, it was so warm! The pups suckle but I'm barely producing milk. They were going to need to learn how to hunt soon! I licked them and they curl closer. It feels good to not worry for a second of my life, to just relax and enjoy what nature has to offer.

Someone slid over me, pinning me to the ground. I growled, squirming but a mouth closed over my neck. I whimpered and Mylo connected the mental link in our her. "What are you doing out here all alone? What if I were a rogue, ready to kill you and the pups?"

"I would have sensed that from miles away! For once, it's calm!" I smiled.

"Gosh, you are so beautiful!" He licked my face and I sighed. "I know you don't want to talk about it but my beta told me about this afternoon!" He sighed and I grunted and sniffed the pups who were fast asleep.

"And?"

"He said you seemed troubled but when he asked you, you shut him out!" He sighed and I looked at him.

"I don't know them! How can I trust someone I've just met?" I ask and he lays beside me.

"He is a noble man! You may need someone to talk to when I'm busy with pack work!" He sighed and I nod.

"I have my sisters!" I sighed and he looked at me.

"Have you seen them all day?" He asked and I looked at him.

"What are you trying to say?"

"They have their own families now! They're working on getting everyone settled! The only person who you will see most is Taylor and the kids until everything is settled! Why not make friends?"

"She snapped at me in my own house!"

"Did you correct her?" He seemed puzzled.

"Well... I... I..."

"I think you are worried about being an alpha!" He sighed and I stood.

"I am..." I couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence and I growled. "Why does it matter?"

"Because I am your mate and I need to know these things! C'mon, we should get indoors before the sun sets!" He nudged the pups who continued to sleep. I lifted Adam by his scruff and Mylo followed suit.

It was silent when we got back. I shifted, too exhausted to remember clothes. Mylo growled and shifted Sydney to one arm. Then he took Adam and I opened the door. I didn't see anything out of sorts so I started up to bed when arms bound around me. Mylo lifted me and hooked my knees on his hips. His mouth closed over mine before I could even make a sound. He pressed me against the wall in the dark house and I moaned, his hardened member giving an edge for a certain sensitive part of my body to rub against. I yelped as he bit me and the lights suddenly flashed on. Momentarily blinded, I screamed and tried to cover myself but I was already caught.

"What's going on here?" Mylo growled as he turned, blocking me from prying eyes.

"Well, we were going to welcome the new alpha to the pack but you guys seemed busy and I didn't want to see something that would get my head ripped off!" Keaghan sighed and I watched everyone let out a sigh.

"It might just happen anyways!" Mylo went to go after him and I squealed.

"Mylo, please..." He chuckled and pulled his shirt off, lending it to me. "Were you in on this?" I asked and he but his lip.