Chapter 17

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Y'all know the twins, I edited a cute picture for them, um, I know their appearance isn't accurate but say Zach is older, his hair darkened by the sun! I was trying to capture facial features, and body shape that fit the character, not hair!!! Last note I said I would post Cameron's father... I already wrote this note so that's not going to happen! Next chapter, I promise!!!

I got home and the pups were wailing! I sit beside them and Sydney climbs into my lap, and demands to be fed. Weaning them was a slow, hard process that I was not emotionally prepared for! I figure they'll stop when they're ready or when my wolf decides they are. Which happened! She stiffened up and a growl escaped my lips. The pup whimpered, she was hungry. I stand and lift her, carrying her to the kitchen. I sit her in a high chair and get a cold piece of meat from the fridge. I take a bite and frown. It wasn't very fresh... It was actually disgusting and that's coming from a pregnant woman!

I looked at her and bit my lip. "How about I cook it?" I ask and she frowns but shrugs.

Dad and I used to make steaks on the grill, this couldn't be much different. I fried up the food and gave her some apple sauce. Adam was at my feet whimpering and I lifted him and fried the steak at the same time. "When daddy gets back we're taking you guys hunting!" I smiled as I flipped the meat.

After cooking it through I cut it and let it cool. I set Adam in a separate high chair and gave him some apple sauce. They seemed to like it! I then heard a distinctive cry, a sharp pitched sound a dying rabbit might make and I sighed. "Shawny's cubs must be up!" I sighed and went to check.

The female and male sat wide awake but hissed when I went to lift them. "Where is your bottle?" I looked around the room and frowned. They weren't supposed to be up for a few hours!

I lifted them, ignoring their protests and grabbed their milk. Bottles were in the kitchen. These tiny beasts were a little more fragile then my pups. I lay one on the couch, stuffing a pillow beside her so she wouldn't roll off the couch and then I carry the male into the kitchen. I rock him gently, cooing and his soft blue eyes brighten with amusement. He has shaggy blonde hair and soft pink lips, he is so beautiful! I kiss his head as I warm him milk in the microwave! I test it on my wrist before letting him drink. Because my body runs from 102.7-112.3 degrees Fahrenheit, it would feel ice cold to me! But just my hands holding the bottle would warm it if it weren't warm enough. He seems happy though.

I make his sister's bottle while I feed him before turning and checking the temperature of the meat. I give each pup about half the steak, eating a few pieces myself but they eat happily and seem to enjoy it too. The male falls asleep in my arms so I go and lay him in bed while I feed his fussy sister. I growl when she won't take the bottle and she finally does. Suddenly I hear a cough and I jump up and run to the kitchen. I lay the cub on the table and snatch up Adam who is blue in the face. I give him a smack on the back and it coughs the half chewed piece of meat onto the floor. I bring him to my chest, holding him tightly, hugging him.

"Don't ever do that to me again!" I kissed his cheek and he chuckled and patted my cheek.

"Mum!" He smiled and I sighed and set him in his high chair.

"Chew!" I ordered and he clapped his hands and took another bite. I lifted the cub, fast asleep, and carried her to the bedroom where I lay her beside her brother.

I walk back down stairs, when there is a growl behind me. "Who are you?" A female snarled and I turned and looked at her.

She was heavier set and large busted. Tanned and fit, she had curves in all the right places and long wavy brown hair. She wasn't ugly, by far, she was beautiful but the dark bags under her eyes would speak otherwise.

"The owner of this house! Who are you?" I stepped closer. A large toned male stepped between us and I looked up at him. His hair was blonde, eyes green, and skin holding a fair color. His presence was calm and collected.

"Sorry to barge in but a woman met us outside, said no one was home yet!" He sighed and I narrowed my eyes. "I'm Keaghan! This is Taylor! We are Mylo's betas!" He sighed, voice smooth and rich with something south and I watched the girl.

"What's her problem?" I sniffed, she smelt funny, but not like the stench of a heat or pregnancy.

"We just recently started a family, the maternal instincts are still in full effect! Mylo demanded that now was the best time to introduce you to us but he isn't here so," he left the sentence hang and I sighed.

I turned and walked into the kitchen. "I'm Cameron, Mylo's mate!"

"I'm sorry, I snapped earlier!" Taylor sighed.

I checked on my pups and pulled up a chair. "Could I get you anything?" I asked and they looked at each other.

"Umm..."

"Look, I don't really know what I'm doing as alpha, I know how to lead and how to fight, I don't know how to be civil! I guess you could say I went rogue for a year, a lone wolf, I raised these two by myself in wolf form only! I'm adjusting to two feet so please, just tell me what you want!" I sigh and they seemed to relax a little.

"I thought she was supposed to be some tough badass bitch!" Taylor whispered to her mate and I growled.

"Excuse me, I'm right here and don't think that because I've only been in a pack when I was little that I don't know all of the rules and regulations! You aren't going to walk all over me! This is my home and if there are any issues, I will be the first to know!" They looked at me and Sydney took that opportunity to throw a piece of meat at me. I caught it in my mouth and she clapped and giggled.

We all laughed and I sighed. "Okay, so normally I am pretty relaxed and laid back, I don't like to yell! I try to stay calm but recently it's all been getting hard to handle so I figure that's where you come in?" I asked and they nodded.

"Yes, Mylo and I normally take care of paperwork and women normally do housework and tend to the children! But I can see that you like to be in the action so I expect to see you in the office more often then not! Because this is your land, you will hear about any development or attacks first! You will also be held responsible for meetings, gatherings! I'm sure you have had a different tradition than us so you and your mate will discuss that! Dinners, there are a number of occasions where pack members may choose to dine with you, or you may invite them, you've got to feed them!"

"The Alaskan pack, the women all pitched in!"

"If that is what you want! You will learn names faster that way!" Taylor smiled.

"How do you guys usually do things? It's all my fault that you've picked up your lives and moved, I at least want you to be comfortable!" I sighed and the woman took my hand.

I tensed and the went to let go but I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "What happened to you?" She asked and I shake my head, standing up.

"Your rooms are this way!" I walked away leading them upstairs.

They followed silently, their small acknowledgement of the beauty and decor really the only sound aside from our feet and our hearts! "This is your room! The room is sound proof unless damaged, meaning cracked splintered... Um you can check it out, if you like it, it's all stocked, you can freshen up! I'm going to take the pups outside for some fresh air!" I sigh and they nod.

She looked so concerned but I couldn't allow strangers to learn too much about me! Not while I feel so vulnerable!