Chapter 16

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi, I decided that just cause I don't feel good, doesn't mean I shouldn't at least write a little! I'm fight a little head cold right now so if there are a lot of mistakes just tell me... I fell into a "Cold Coma" which is basically instead of me normally being a light sleeper, I heard nothing... Photo above is Cameron's mother and father, I'm trying to find names for them... Any suggestions???

It took about a week to clean the house from top to bottom and a few more to clean up the other houses, and make any repairs. The boys had fun cutting the grass, shaping the tree and shrubs. They repainted, stained, and repaired broken furniture and wall. They repaired the doors... Everything was running smoothly until I saw something move in the woods. I felt my wolf stir, unsure but curious. I had hardly let her out in days, it was just safer if she stayed hidden!

"Safer for you or safer for me?" She snapped and I growled.

For some reason she thought we were on an uneven playing field... That one of us had more power! "Safer for the both of us, if you'd just stop fighting me!"

"Who are you fighting?" Mylo growled and I turned, my heart racing.

"My wolf! I think I need some fresh air!"

"Great, I'll come and..."

"Alone Mylo! I feel caged and my wolf not I like the feeling!" I sighed, stretching up on my toes and kissing him.

He pinned me against the counter, teasing me, drawing out my inner sex crazed demon! He hasn't touched me since the night I made him sleep on the couch and I was feeling the raw need and sexual tension just building! He nuzzled my throat, nipping my sensitive mark and I moaned and ran my hands through his dark hair, securing him to the sweet spot.

He chuckled and freed himself. "I'm going to go to the store and stock the pack houses with food! My betas are coming later so don't be too long!" He sighed and I nodded.

He stepped back and I whimpered. His hand brushed my cheek. "I love you!"

"I love you too!" I sighed and he left.

He was going to pay for that!

.
.
.

I set off into the woods sniffing around and I sigh. "Cam, look!" My wolf focused on a small tuft of fur on a branch.

I sniffed it and felt comfort radiate over me. "Daddy!" I jogged into the woods and down to the cave where I was born. My father's silver wolf lay at the entrance, a young copper pup lay next to him, resting. I sniff, not his but abandoned! "Dad?" I question but he doesn't look up.

I climb down to him and nuzzle his cheek and he whimpers. I feel my wolf grow sad, she sobs and I can't understand why! I lick his muzzle and sniff the pup. She's healthy, strong. I give her a lick and she groans and burrows deeper into my father's fur! I sigh and lay beside her.

"I miss her you know!" His voice was laced with pain.

"Miss who? Mom?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"I know, she misses you too!" I sighed. "Dad, why did you break up?" I asked and he sighed.

"After you left, we waited for you to come back! Most newly shifted wolves come back to their birthplace! She and I waited here every day, rain or snow, it didn't matter! When you never came she became argumentative, she lashed out... She killed this pup's mother! The boys don't know that part but she tried to magic the woman back and nearly killed herself! After that, she shut down, she shut everyone out and told me to burn in hell with my sorry disgrace of a daughter!"

"She said that?" I was astounded, I was my mother's favorite.

"Yeah, she wasn't herself though! I slapped her thinking..."

"You HIT mom?" I asked and he sighed and sat up looking at me.

"It was necessary! She then told me to leave and to never return but she knew I'd return, I know she wants it, she wants me to return and to love her but it doesn't change anything!"

"Has the bond been broken?" I asked.

"I'm only saying this because at this point I know you can relate! I want to breed her again! I want to hold my pup after she's had it and..."

"No, you just want to wrinkle the sheets! You know she can't have anymore kids!" I sighed and he chuckled.

"Yeah, but I need a place to myself for a night!"

"The cabin!" My father used to be pretty wealthy, he worked for some mining company and they struck it rich! Well, we had a pack back then, and then the back was killed and all of the land and pack houses were just rented or abandoned.

"What about the cabin?" He asked.

The cabin was a romantic place near a pond where we used to go as kids! It's where I first broke my nose, diving off the pier and Zack broke his arm when he slipped and fell wrong! I sighed, I missed those days.

"It's always maintained, no one is there, I'll tell her that I left something of my pup's there and ask her to go get it and then you make your move!" I sighed.

"No wonder you're everyone's favorite!" he licked me and I growled.

"I've gotta get back! I love you dad!"

"Hey, before you go," he shifted and I did too, "I just want you to know that there will always be someone here to protect you!"

He hugged me and I sighed. "Love you too!"