Chapter 11

Sydney rests on my chest, grimacing at the formula that I am about to feed her. Adam absolutely refused to eat it; I told him I couldn't feed him until late afternoon and he agreed as long as I didn't make him eat it! Sydney wants to at least try, she is my tough, brave little soldier.

I check the warmth of the bottle and place the nipple between her lips. She gave a suck and swallowed and she grimaced again. She squirmed wanting my breast and I lifted her and shook my head. "You can't! Mommy has poison in her and it will hurt you!" I sighed and she frowned.

"If you were wolf, I could have brought them a rabbit or something!" Brandi stood in the doorway looking sheepish. "Can I come in?" She asked and I smiled.

"Yeah, of course, let me just put her to bed!" I got out of bed and carried Sydney to her crib.

She whimpered and I took a toy rattle that was loaned to me and gave it to her. She gnawed on it happily.

I lay down in bed and cover up, Brandi following suit. "Where did you go?" She asked and I bite my lip.

"I don't know! I didn't know I was even in Alaska! Humans hunted me, shot at me, wolves tried to attack me or chased me! I was so afraid, I knew I had to protect myself and my unborn pups so I just kept running! Eventually, I went into labor and found a den and then it was the matter of keeping them warm and fed and safe!" I shake my head.

"So Daniel really meant what he said about you being very cautious and protective?" She asked.

"I was not in control, my wolf was! I was following instinct! But yeah, after I think a week or two or maybe more, I was starving and the pups couldn't pull a drop of milk from me! I knew I had to leave them, I had to hunt!" I sighed and she nodded.

"So you hunted and that's when you found the boy?" She asked and I laughed and shakes my head.

"He came out of no where! I had stalked a huge bull and I couldn't drag it down for as weak as I was but I thought if I tore open its throat enough, it would bleed out and lay down! All I saw was this streak of light as Roy slammed the bull! He knocked it off balance and had my tearing out its windpipe! I started eating, thinking the pup was either dead or dying but he slowly recovered!" I shake my head, laughing. "I got nervous so I started to leave but he told me to stay and asked if he could eat as well! I ate my share and went to my den and he ate his and followed! He was cold and underfed, tiny tuffs of fur missing from fights that other males issued! I felt kind of bad leaving him out in the weather so when he asked to come in, I let him!"

"It's hard for females to except another's pup as their own!"

"Not with him! He is different! I had to protect him! He didn't even know he was a werewolf until we were all forced to shift!" I sighed and she turned on her side.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, we were attacked by a male and he tried fighting him off! The pups were harmed slightly but nothing permanent! I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach when I know something is wrong! I knew something was happening so I took off and found them! Mylo killed him," I sighed.

"So what about you and Mylo? Are you back together?" She asked.

"I told him that he needs to make a choice! I have raised a family alone this long, I can continue to do so! If his seed grows inside me, I might branch off and start a new pack! I my pups and Elroy will make it grow!"

"The hell with that!" He stepped in the room, anger filling his eyes. "Brandi, you may want to leave! I'm going to have to teach your sister a thing or two about fathering his pups!" He grabbed me by my good ankle holding it in place as he climbed overtop, snarling.