Chapter 8

"What were you thinking?" Daniel growled at me.

"We were both there... She addressed the both of us and begged for us... She was dying! We couldn't fight because it would be too late! We didn't know she'd initiate the marking but as soon as she started to shift, we did as well! We fought it but she was stronger than both of us!" I tried to explain.

"Dmitry originally initiated the breeding, what caused you to come into play?" Daniel asked as he paced before the two of us.

"I heard her crying and I went to check on her! I heard commotion and her pleading and I thought she was being harmed! I broke in and pulled him off! When I scented her heat and the tiniest hint of death I knew she was begging for release but then she asked both of us..."

"I don't even know if there are any laws against this! It's never happened!" He started digging through the werewolf laws, a book of three thousand pages that basically stated the same thing over and over though some are different, changed or added.

"It will take me days to search this! She doesn't have days! At any moment, she could need you again, and we regulate breeding, that is what I remember by law!" He sighed and Dmitry flinched.

"I don't want to get her pregnant, I really didn't want to sleep with her I just wanted to cuddle, make this dick jealous, and then leave! You know me, I don't settle with anyone!" He sighed and I growled.

"So you were going to sleep with her then break her heart! Good job!"

"I don't have a mental connection with her!" He looked at Daniel.

"I'm going to go inspect her wound! It may have been ragged enough that the bond wasn't made!" He smiled hopeful.

"I have one!" I announced, sneering.

"Maybe a woman should go! She was pretty upset when we left last night! I don't want her hurting you!" Dmitry sighed and I frowned.

"No, she's more likely to act when a female is near! Plus she knows me well! If I need someone, I will call! In the meantime, shower, the smell of her on the both of you is disgusting!" He shook his head and walked away.

"Think she'll even be awake?"

"She still has duties as a mother but I doubt her cast will still be on!" He sighed and I frowned and stepped up to Elroy who had woken up and was showing a lot of improvement.

He rubbed his nose asking about Cameron in my head and so I nod. "She should be okay!" I leaned forward and kissed his head.

"That's nice!" He thought towards me. "I've never had a dad," he smiled and I chuckled and shake my head.

"It's too early kid! You can't call me dad just yet!"

The phone suddenly rang and I answered it. "Hello?"

"She's not responding at all! I broke down the door, her heart is barely beating! You guys really fucked her up! Only one side of her neck healed, the other is pouring blood! I need you guys to bring some O negative, and hurry!" He hung up and I looked at Dmitry. "She's dying because of you!" I growled.

"How is it my fault?"

"Marking, they heal rapidly, you tore the hell out of her throat! That's why she can not reach you through a connection!" I growled and shoved him.

"Help her!" The pup beside us croaked and I looked at him and sighed.

"He's right!" I sighed and started digging up supplies.

In a few minutes and a few females added themselves, we headed towards the rear of the alpha house. I felt the coldness before I scented death and I growled and kicked open the door. Her bedroom door is open and I hear Daniel grunting with exertion. I turn and see him overtop of her doing CPR. "Her heart stopped about, two minutes ago! I gave her an IV so all you have to do is plug in the blood!"