Chapter 19

NOTE: image is a paler version of Elroy! The kid has sad eyes but hopeful, like he's a dreamer! That's my Elroy!!!

Everyone lined up, there were thousands of people, many women, but most men! The kids swarmed me and I laughed as they pulled on my hands and begged for my attention! I tried to stay serious but I giggled when some started climbing me! I lifted a little blonde hair girl and she squealed. "What's your name?"

"Beth Ann!" The little girl looked up at the sound of her mother's voice and I smiled at her.

"Momma's gonna get mad at me!" She pouted and I set her down. "Will you come with me?" She asked and I nodded.

She took my hand and I walked her over to her mother, a tall, brown haired, red faced woman. She looked like she might explode. "I'm so sorry for her ignorance!"

"No, she's fine! I love children! I was never included in these meetings when I was her age!" I smiled and she nodded.

"I'll leave her home from now on!"

"No, please, bring her! She'll learn how serious pack business is faster! As a matter of fact," I knelt in front of the little girl, "could you gather all of the kids and older children and tell them to sit front and center?" I asked and Mylo stepped up behind me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked and I stood.

"Of course! I want the pups and children included in pack business! Well, for the most part at least! Am I able to do that or..."

"Of course, as long as you know the exceptions!" He kissed my cheek. "We're all almost here! Taylor and Keaghan are going to be a little while and we might get a guest!" He smiled and I stretched up an kissed his chin.

"Shawny?"

"I talked to her while you were in the shower! She's going to see her cub at the infirmary! There is a doctor there, she will be safe!" He sighed and I relaxed.

A few hours later and Taylor and Keaghan joined us! I welcomed them but I heard a growl and I spun, standing in front of the children, guarding them with my body. Tension flared when my father suddenly walked out into the clearing, my mother clinging to him. I had called him and told him to be at the cabin. Then I called her and asked her if she could get a nonexistent teddy bear that I had forgotten there when I visited to clean the place. I had cleaned the place but there wasn't a teddy bear unless...

"This one?" She held up my old stuffed toy wolf.

Her face got red and I laughed and took it. "There wasn't really one but this will work!" I smile and she looked like she was about to say something but then sighed.

"Thank you!" She sighed and I hugged her and kissed my father's cheek.

Everyone relaxed and Mylo smiled at me. "You knew?" I growled and he started retreating.

"Mental link and all!" He tapped his head and I looked around as men cat-called and whistled, amusement written all over their face!

"Just you wait!" I bared my canines and a flash of real fear crossed his eyes before he turned to the pack.

"Good afternoon everyone! First, I'd like to start off welcoming my mate, Cameron to the pack!" Mylo smiled at me and more cat-calls and grunts of pain from the men's mates elbowing them and claps lit the field!

"Some of you already know me, most of you don't! I didn't know your pack was this large but I've had a pack that was maybe twice as large so I understand that this is going to be difficult! This is a new area, it's larger, and you aren't familiar with any of it! I'm going to try and make this work, not for just me, but for all of you! I'm going to do everything to make you feel at home so if you have a specific tradition, please, come to me, voice it!" I smiled and there was a rumble in the group before everyone clapped.

"I'll fill you in with the most of it, some members have their own traditions!" He sighed and I nodded. "Today, we're just going to do the scope of the land! I want you to cover every centimeter of this ground and then do it again! I want you to know the area like the back of your hand! I want danger crew to be alerted of any dangerous areas such as land slides..."

"Mylo, I know the land like the back of my hand! There is only one dangerous area! It's up at my birth den! I'd rather not take everyone up there but you couldn't get to it anyways! My mother is a "healer" or a part witch! She blessed the area therefore it doesn't really exist... Well, you wouldn't know it was there! Anyways, it'a located in the north wing of the land, across a ravine, and under a fallen tree and then all you will see is a slippery cliff! Best bet is to not go under the tree!" I smiled.

"Thank you for that!" Mylo smiled and I pout.

"Can I shift yet? My wolf wants to play!" I poked him and he chuckled.

"We need to get the youngsters home, tonight is a full moon so we will name the twins and add them to our numbers!" Mylo smiled.

A female suddenly ran up and grabbed Mylo's arm, my wolf snarled within me and her eyes nervously shot to mine. "Mom, is there something wrong?" I sniffed and sure enough, she carried his scent.

"I... There is something evil here!" She looked at me. "Something that I can't explain!" Her eyes suddenly turned gold and I yelped and stepped back covering my eyes. They felt burnt by the sun! "And it's in your mate!" She leaned against him for support and he hugged her.

"It's not what's inside of me that's evil! It's what's after me!" I growled and it got really quiet.

"Alpha... Mylo, is it true what your mate says?" Keaghan asks.

"Yes!" Mylo and I say in unison.

"Something dark was following us, this placed is the only blessed place on this earth that the darkness cannot see her! She carries a daughter of the ritual, you've read to pack books!"

"Mylo, those are mostly myth!" Taylor demands.

"No, they aren't! Since I've met this beautiful woman, she's proved it all true! The shadow wolves, the only female who can adopted a pup that is not their own, the strength, and the energy!" He sighed and I opened my eyes.

They were sensitive, but when I heard a collective gasp, I knew something was different. "She is the Moon Goddess! She is whom we worship!" My finger tips tingled an when I looked down, my whole body was swirled in this gold energy veil. "She must me the princess! But she has taken over child birth and has completed the forbidden prophecy... And she does not have a twin brother..."

"Yes, she does!" My mother suddenly spoke and everyone turned and looked at her. "We were so strict about who she were to mate because she was supposed to despise men! She drew men in! Her brother was an evil counterpart, not at all what the prophecy was written! I believe that the prophecy was wrong for she was to be impure, she was to give child, but her brother tried to stop her! That is the evil you sense! He is here but right now, he can hurt her! He will be able to manifest soon and when he gets a foothold, the demons of hell will too!"